For Dgriners of a certain age - NOTHING to do with photography

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited May 5, 2012 in The Big Picture
TOTALLY off-topic. For any of you still in mourning for Janis Joplin and real old-school, bluesy, belting, female-fronted rock and roll, I have two words: Alabama Shakes. The last time I got this excited about a new group was in the early 70s when somebody turned me on to a skinny kid from New Jersey named Bruce Springsteen. Amazing. Really.

Now, back to our previously scheduled program. :rofl
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2012
    You are correct! I'm not major music junkie, but attended a concert on New Year's Eve at DC's 9:30 Club. Alabama Shaker was the opening act, and they were GOOD!! The main show was Drive by Truckers, with Booker T. (of Booker T. & the M.G's). It was quite a show! Especially when they played a very cool version of Green Onions at midnight. thumb.gif
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • marionetmarionet Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2012
    Lol, no one will ever unseat Janis Joplin but I personally prefer Genya Ravan of Ten Wheel Drive. My hands-down all-time fav is Bonzo Dog Band, closely followed by Leonard Cohen... if I die thinking of "Suzanne", I'll die happy.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited April 18, 2012
    Good stuff. Thanks for the heads up.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    marionet wrote: »
    Lol, no one will ever unseat Janis Joplin but I personally prefer Genya Ravan of Ten Wheel Drive. My hands-down all-time fav is Bonzo Dog Band, closely followed by Leonard Cohen... if I die thinking of "Suzanne", I'll die happy.
    I have a double album play Bonzo Dog band on my iTouch! "Hunting Tigers" is a fave! thumb.gif

:rolf

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    Good stuff BD. I am still in mourning for Janis. Seeing her live was an experience. I have been following & loving springsteen since I saw him do a solo acoustic set at Max's Kansas City in the early 70s. I got satellite radio because they have the E Street Channel (Bruce 24/7).

Went over toYoutune and just watched two numbers by Alabama Shakes and they are outstanding. Thanks for the heads up.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"