Fashion

ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
edited November 24, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
This is a new one for me. Asked to shoot a couple of fashion shots.

Glasses:
i-VcdHVtn-M.jpg

Bracelets:
i-5r2rx3W-M.jpg

Shoes:
i-tzC9khJ-M.jpg

What do you think?
Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?

Comments

• lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2014
    This is a fun one.

#1 comes off as sophisticated. I would like it perhaps to be more bright - match the use of the product. I did web search for images - Womens Sunglasses - some good examples popped up.

#2. Perfect. Shows the product well in context - gorgeous skin and dark elegant clothing. One nit - the right edge needs to have black filled in.

#3. Excellent POV and DOF. The shoes could stand rolleyes1.gif out more it seems to me. How about sitting down with legs crossed and zoomed into the shoes more.

This would be new to me too, just my two cents.bowdown.gif

Look forward to the ladies commenting on this.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited November 19, 2014
    Thanks Phil! Appreciate the feedback!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited November 19, 2014
    I agree with Phil that the first one could be a bit brighter, but otherwise it's a fine shot. The second is the strongest of the set, as the product stands out the most. Perhaps a different pose would help in #3, but for me the main problem is that the strong pattern and colors of the dress steal attention from the shoes. I would also desaturate the background a bit.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2014
    Can't see nothing.....my company has blocked this post....rolleyes1.gif
    Will have to get home and see!
    edited November 19, 2014
    Richard wrote: »
    I agree with Phil that the first one could be a bit brighter, but otherwise it's a fine shot. The second is the strongest of the set, as the product stands out the most. Perhaps a different pose would help in #3, but for me the main problem is that the strong pattern and colors of the dress steal attention from the shoes. I would also desaturate the background a bit.

Thank you Richard.

I also tried a full length shot for three. Maybe it's better?

i-msVcQNP-M.jpg

As far as post goes, these have a little crop, vibrance/saturation and that's it. I'm going to probably rework once I get some feedback from the client. I love the idea of desaturating the bg.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2014
    My company needs to improve their filtering system.
    First two are super nice! thumb.gif
    I too vote for tad more brightness for first one and would remove couple of visible blemishes on her.

Last one is off for me.....but I have never shot fashion shots.....Its tough to think up poses....at least for me.....and models who are not experienced do it in manner where it doesn't appear natural.......

...bit centered, lower POV is making her look big, bg drawing attention, crop feels too tight around her, and her pose is not flattering to herself and her skirt, one shoe is blocking other.......her smile is not that of a model but of a tourist that is having fun pretending to be Marilyn Monroe.....for heavier subjects, best to get close as full body shots reveal too much....JMO.
    edited November 20, 2014
    Thanks!
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2014
    Woman's perspective = find out where I can get those shoes!

Seriously though, they are all great. #2 pops - nice job with the bracelets. And #3 - I rather like the pose and shot. I think the shoes stand out just fine, but then I'm a woman - nothing will make me lose focus on those shoes! :ivar
    edited November 21, 2014
    Thanks Jo! I heard the name of the shoes but then, like most guys, I forgot the name. lol3.gif
    edited November 24, 2014
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Woman's perspective = find out where I can get those shoes!

You can buy those shoes here.
  • JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2014
    Another woman's perspective - you couldn't pay me to wear those shoes. Uggh.

That said, the first shoe shot is better than the second, you've got the side detail of the shoes which is the most important. I just wish in the first that the shoes weren't overlapping. The last shoe shot, in addition to missing the side detail, the way the legs are overlapping, you are missing the ankle and calf definition which is forced by these kinds of heels- their only marginally redeeming quality, imho. In your first shot you can see the hint of that there, if her skirt was pulled up just slightly more so you could see that it would be better.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
    edited November 24, 2014
    Thanks JC. Appreciate the feedback!