Options

My latest pastel smudge

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited March 31, 2009 in Finishing School
My latest attempt at a pastel portrait. I'm getting really loose with the hair which helps me a lot.

283755629_8bZRx-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    HOT! You did a really nice job. Considering printing on textured paper and matting/framing? That's one to hang in the home.
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Love it, except the lighter smudging on the right side of her head and shoulder. That makes it look like an unfinished painting. Maybe that's the effect you want.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    photodoug wrote:
    HOT! You did a really nice job. Considering printing on textured paper and matting/framing? That's one to hang in the home.

Thanks, Doug. You can't really tell at this size, but I add texture to these in photoshop which looks really nice when printed on Kodak Lustre paper.

These need to be printed fairly large to appreciate the detail in the brush strokes.
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    Love it, except the lighter smudging on the right side of her head and shoulder. That makes it look like an unfinished painting. Maybe that's the effect you want.

Cuong

I agree with your comment on the background. I like to add these strokes to give it a painterly effect, but the color and abrupt transition is just to distracting for me now.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    I reworked the background a bit to tone down the distracting area.

Any better?

284437216_SpNdf-XL.jpg
  • Options
    Gary MillerGary Miller Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    Very nice Mitchell. I am in the very beginning stages of learning to Smudge Paint.

- Gary
    Mitchell wrote:
    I reworked the background a bit to tone down the distracting area.

Any better?

284437216_SpNdf-XL.jpg