Options

mobile captions

jkingletjkinglet Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited November 25, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Like the rollover title and caption in my galleries on the big screens. But on mobile the captions in my galleries are static and cover large portions of some of the thumbnails. Is there a way to remove just the caption portion and leave the title (in my case) the name of the bird on the thumbnail on the mobile version? Been working with this (@media screen and (max-width: xxxx px) and include the class to show or not display but I can't quite finesse it just to include the thumbnail title (name of bird). BTW I like the collage look on mobile. Thanks.
www.theavianzone.com/browse

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,453 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2014
    Try this, just edit the size to suit:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 799px) {
    	.sm-tile-info > .sm-tile-caption {
    		display: none;
    	}
    }

EDIT: revised code
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2014
    Try this, just edit the size to suit:
        .sm-page-widget-galleries .sm-tile-info {
        }
    }

Mike, That code removes the title from my folder page under the gallery thumbs (browse galleries) that link to the actual galleries. The caption and the title still cover the thumbs on the mobile gallery pages. I'm working on the background for the rollover captions as we speak so ignore the light show. I just want the name of the bird text (static) without the caption to show on or under the bird thumbnails in the gallery. can do?
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,453 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2014
    jkinglet wrote: »
    Mike, That code removes the title from my folder page under the gallery thumbs (browse galleries) that link to the actual galleries. The caption and the title still cover the thumbs on the mobile gallery pages. I'm working on the background for the rollover captions as we speak so ignore the light show. I just want the name of the bird text (static) without the caption to show on or under the bird thumbnails in the gallery. can do?

I edited the code above. This should work...
        }
    }

• Options
    edited November 25, 2014
    I edited the code above. This should work...
        }
    }

thanks Mike. Need to head out in this dreadful rain for a walk. Will finish up this evening. Appreciate the help with this. [It Worked!!..thanks again]