Options

Add a PayPal shopping cart to your SmugMug galleries

Comments

• Options
    frostiifrostii Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2014
    Hi all

I have the Paypal buttons setup and working perfectly thanks to Lamah's hard work and coding talent! I now have the 'View Cart' button set in the header for the entire site but would prefer that it does not show on my home page (website link below).

Is there anyway that I can hide the button from view on the homepage only?? I have tried the following code but this removes from all pages and I am sorry, but I have no coding experience.

body.homepage, #homepage, form {display:none}

www.chrisfrostphotography.co.uk

Thanks
    Chris
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2014
    Hi frostii,

Try this:
    .sm-page-home form[target="paypal"] {
    	display:none;
    }

• Options
    edited February 1, 2014
    Many thanks for the quick reply. I have tried this but unfortunately the button still shows on my homepage.

Thanks
    Chris

• Options
    edited February 1, 2014
    Ah, did you maybe add that CSS to the "CSS" tab of an HTML content block? It actually needs to be added to its own separate "CSS" content block in order to work correctly. Sorry for not mentioning that!
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2014
    Apologies, I have now added to a separate CSS box and it works like a dream - thanks again for all of your help!! Much appreciated.

Chris

• Options
    mylifeinfocusmylifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2014
    I've unveiled my new site (www.alicethompsonphotography.com) and am currently in the process of removing my old PayPal info in the captions (the <form> tag stuff). I hope to get your PayPal code added sometime later today or tomorrow.

One question I had: does it matter if the name of my photo (ex: "Rock Wall") is in the Title Field for the photo details or if it's in the caption area? I currently have it in the caption, but I'm unclear whether or not it matters if I change it or not. I don't really want "Rock Wall" in both the Title field AND the caption area, but I do want the name of the photo to appear on the customer's order.

Another question: if I've already created PP buttons (which were used on my Legacy site), do I need to re-create new ones for your code to work? (Mine already have the print sizes in the <option value> tags for the sizes I offer as selections.) Here's a photo that still has the old version of the PayPal buttons (<form> code in the caption): http://www.alicethompsonphotography.com/Street-Scenes/Night/i-fRB9bPm/A

Thanks again for all your help!
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2014
    Hi there,

The name in the cart will include both the Title and the Caption, so you can just leave it in the Title and everything will work fine.

It looks like your old button code is a PayPal "hosted" button, unfortunately this extension requires the button code to be "non-hosted" (if you open up the "add paypal buttons to this gallery" menu from the extension, it gives instructions on creating a non-hosted button). The button is required to be non-hosted so that this extension can automatically fill in the correct product name for you.

You should only need to make one Add to Cart button for each possible set of sizes you're selling (instead of one button per photo you sell), since the product name will get filled in automatically for each photo for you.
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2014
    Lamah wrote: »
    Hi there,

The name in the cart will include both the Title and the Caption, so you can just leave it in the Title and everything will work fine.

It looks like your old button code is a PayPal "hosted" button, unfortunately this extension requires the button code to be "non-hosted" (if you open up the "add paypal buttons to this gallery" menu from the extension, it gives instructions on creating a non-hosted button). The button is required to be non-hosted so that this extension can automatically fill in the correct product name for you.

You should only need to make one Add to Cart button for each possible set of sizes you're selling (instead of one button per photo you sell), since the product name will get filled in automatically for each photo for you.

Ah. I didn't realize the issue about the hosted vs. non-hosted buttons. Thanks for the explanation. I'll take a look at the instructions you provided.

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2014
    Ah. I didn't realize the issue about the hosted vs. non-hosted buttons. Thanks for the explanation. I'll take a look at the instructions you provided.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Lamah,

After looking at the info again, I'm a little unclear on part of it and wondered if you'd mind clarifying for me. You mentioned:

"You should only need to make one Add to Cart button for each possible set of sizes you're selling (instead of one button per photo you sell), since the product name will get filled in automatically for each photo for you."

So if I'm selling 6 different sizes (3 sizes matted; 3 sizes framed), I would need to make 6 Add to Cart buttons, correct? (one for each separate size?). But once I make those buttons, I can apply them to all my photos at once, right? I guess using the Apply to Gallery setting and using the CSS code you provide. In other words, all of my photos on my site would have 6 buttons (one for each size)?

I'm hoping to avoid having to create code for each individual photo which is what I had to do with my Legacy site when I used the <form> tags and code from PayPal. This enabled me to use a dropdown menu which contained the sizes and use only one single Add to Cart button.

Thanks again for your help. I'm excited to get the PayPal info back on my site, so I probably speak for a lot of folks here by saying how much it's appreciated that you've shared your information with us!
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2014
    Sorry, that's just one button per *set* of sizes. So if all of your photos are available in the same sizes, you'll only have to create one button at PayPal (that has a drop down menu to select the size you want) and this extension will turn that into a list of "add to cart" buttons automatically (one button per size).
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2014
    Sorry, that's just one button per *set* of sizes. So if all of your photos are available in the same sizes, you'll only have to create one button at PayPal (that has a drop down menu to select the size you want) and this extension will turn that into a list of "add to cart" buttons automatically (one button per size).

Lamah, I just followed your instructions on your website to add the PayPal buttons to my galleries and I'd like to say thanks for making it such a simple process. It worked great! Easy to use and relatively quick. Thanks for providing this feature! It's much appreciated!

Alice
  • Options
    psenior1psenior1 Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    and thanks from me too, have this working perfectly - without it I wouldn't have migrated to new SM. Only thing I'm waiting on now is for SM to give us the ability to hide the captions when hovering over the tiles.
    website - http://www.snrmac.com
    facebook - my facebook page please LIKE me!
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    One quick question, Lamah (sorry): If I change my pricing, will I need to re-create my Add to Cart buttons? I assume so, since the buttons are self-hosted rather than being hosted at PayPal, correct?
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    That's correct.

Thanks Lamah!
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    Is there a way to turn off the mouseover info on the Gallery thumbnails? Mouse over a photo on this page and you'll see what I mean:
    http://www.alicethompsonphotography.com/Landscapes/

I want to keep the PayPal buttons on the captions (in Lightbox view) that I did the other day, but I'd prefer that info to not pop up on mouse-over when the user is at the Gallery looking at the thumbnails. It kind of obscures the photo next to it as one is being moused over.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    That one's a little tricky, as SmugMug doesn't currently have a switch to turn off those tooltips. I think if you give your photos a Title, it will be shown on hover instead of the caption which contains the PayPal code.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    The slideshow widget only uses the 1st line of a photo caption for its caption. Surely they
    can use that code for hovering images.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    The slideshow widget only uses the 1st line of a photo caption for its caption. Surely they
    can use that code for hovering images.

That did the trick, Allen. Thank you! I wondered if changing the captions (and adding Titles which I had left blank before) would effect the function of the Add to Cart PayPal buttons, but they seem to still work correctly. Thanks for the fix! I appreciate your help.
  • Options
    arakneearaknee Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2014
    Is this extension still working?
    Hi Lamah, Does this extension still function. The "SM" no longer appears when I am in the gallery mode.

Cheers, Rod
  • Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2014
    araknee wrote: »
    Hi Lamah, Does this extension still function. The "SM" no longer appears when I am in the gallery mode.

Cheers, Rod

Are you sure you're viewing your site from your nickname URL and not custom URL.

Eg.

meljones.smugmug.com, not www.meljones.info
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2014
    DanCarl97 wrote: »
    Are you sure you're viewing your site from your nickname URL and not custom URL.

Eg.

meljones.smugmug.com, not www.meljones.info

Thanks for you input. I have checked that thanks. The "SM" is there when I am in the folder view with all the galleries. When I click on a gallery it is there for a split second then nothing. It has worked previously for me and now doesn't?
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2014
    This is due to a bug in Google Chrome that I'm waiting on them to fix. In the meantime, when it has disappeared, try putting your cursor into the address bar and then pressing enter.
  • Options
    TheBradfordTheBradford Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2014
    Ok so now PayPal is an option (just go tthe email and haven't checked this thread at all). So does that mean this is still an option? I assume paying with paypal via the new email indicating does not let you work around the % SM takes for purchases, it's just a new payment option right?
    Bradford

edited March 2, 2014
    Ok so now PayPal is an option (just go tthe email and haven't checked this thread at all). So does that mean this is still an option? I assume paying with paypal via the new email indicating does not let you work around the % SM takes for purchases, it's just a new payment option right?
    The recently announced PayPal addition does not replace this customization. It is an option for your customers to pay using PayPal instead of a credit card.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2014
    This is due to a bug in Google Chrome that I'm waiting on them to fix. In the meantime, when it has disappeared, try putting your cursor into the address bar and then pressing enter.

Thanks Lamah, I sort have got it working - it's all in timing.
    I hate to say it but I am thinking of moving to a service which provides self-fulfilment or fulfilment within Australia. People like the fact that they can get orders within a week.
  • Options
    MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2014
    Yes I agree with Denise. Lamah's customization is really a self fulfillment option utilizing Paypal. The new payment option recently announced by smugmug does nothing for self fulfillment.
  • Options
    rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2014
    Minor (very) minor issues
    Hi Lamah,

Just a couple things I wanted to ask for feedback on...

I'm not sure if I altered anything in the code but now when I'm in lightbox the PayPal box is left justified instead of the centered position...hmmm

As is often the case I could have inadvertently changed something but I'm just beating my head against the wall for now!

Also I noticed in MomaZunk's PayPal shopping cart in the upper left hand area it displays her logo - as compared to my email address which displays in my shopping cart upper left area - would you know how to add a logo to the cart?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

rich56k
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Options
    MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2014
    rich56k wrote: »
    Hi Lamah,

Also I noticed in MomaZunk's PayPal shopping cart in the upper left hand area it displays her logo - as compared to my email address which displays in my shopping cart upper left area - would you know how to add a logo to the cart?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

rich56k

rich56k
    The logo is added on your paypal site under profile>selling tools I believe. You can customize how your invoice and shopping cart look.

Dee (aka MomaZunk)