Options

Deactivate right click

prosperoprospero Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited November 26, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
How do I deactivate right click on my site.

On the old smug mug this was an option.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited November 23, 2014
    Right click protection is enabled and disabled in both legacy and new smugmug on the Security tab of the gallery settings. See the Enable Right-Click Protection section of the help page http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1230107-how-can-i-protect-my-images-.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2014
    If you're asking about right click messages on /browse and on folders you might also want to follow the discussion in this thread.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2014
    Ah. Thanks. Great
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2014
    Right click protection is enabled and disabled in both legacy and new smugmug on the Security tab of the gallery settings. See the Enable Right-Click Protection section of the help page http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1230107-how-can-i-protect-my-images-.

--- Denise

Hmmm. Looks like I've got a basic account cos can't see options. I think this is atrocious. In old smugmug this wasn't an optiion based on cost. Stopping (or a least making it hard) to copy images is a basic task that ALL photographers need. I'm not impressed by Smugmug trying to extort money out of me at the expense of images. Very poor indeed.
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2014
    prospero wrote: »
    Hmmm. Looks like I've got a basic account cos can't see options. I think this is atrocious. In old smugmug this wasn't an optiion based on cost. Stopping (or a least making it hard) to copy images is a basic task that ALL photographers need. I'm not impressed by Smugmug trying to extort money out of me at the expense of images. Very poor indeed.

Apologies. Found this option. This isn't the most intuitive site to navigate.
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2014
    prospero wrote: »
    Stopping (or a least making it hard) to copy images is a basic task that ALL photographers need.
    I've always thought that "right click protection" was a bad name. It could be called "right click message" - it doesn't protect your image and it doesn't make it hard to grab your images using either a screen capture tool or by grabbing the image from the browser cache. Either will take no time at all.

If you're going to display your image online then you need to accept this as a reality of an online presence. It's not smugmug - it's a fact of life of sharing on the web. Consider what you are comfortable with - limit the size available online if you are concerned about this, make sure you have embedded a copyright in your photo (as opposed to on your photo).

--- Denise