For the ladies! First Studio Session [NSFW?]

michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
edited February 11, 2016 in People
So I finally bit the bullet and decided to create my own make-shift studio in my house. Mind you I've been researching what would be the best use of lighting for my style of shooting. In this shoot I used 3 softboxes. Even though I steamed the backdrop, I had a ton of wrinkles in my muslin backdrop (I ended up heavily photoshopping the background which was super annoying). I should have moved the subject further from the background to create more of a blur, but I ran out of space :dunno.

This shoot was a huge learning curve for me and I'm looking forward to growing in this area. It's like I'm learning photography all over again!

1. 7442104_orig.jpg
2. 324405_orig.jpg
3. 7509824_orig.jpg
4. 461592_orig.jpg
5. 2965224_orig.jpg
6. 4434579_orig.jpg
7. 5241904_orig.jpg
8. 9855005_orig.jpg
wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com

Comments

• TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2016
    Nice job for a first time. Home studios are always a compromise. Did you check your white balance. The skin tones looks a bit green to me.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2016
    Ditto on nice try for the first time and the green cast. Some of the kickers seem to be a tad hot.
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2016
    Thanks for the critique guys! I did some color toning to these and I see what you mean with a slight greenish tint (I adjusted the green levels via curves toolbar). I'll just need to fiddle around more with the tones to keep it consistent with my branding.
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • Alex_Alex_ Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited February 6, 2016
    Great start!
    Maybe invest in a paper roll as material is always a bit tricky with wrinkles and folds. Not too bad when you have it in the background, but once the model lies down on it and you get a good view of it it's difficult to keep it perfectly flat.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2016
    Collapsible backgrounds are your friend in a tight space :Dhttp://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Collapsible-Muslin/ci/13085/N/4232861830

Great work as always! Not sure that green curves adjustment works for him - blonde + green is always iffy (especially in studio light), but some terrific poses and connection!!!!