10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Comments

• ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    Man, that doesn't even look fun. I've got alot of respect for these guys. When I was in the army I decided to try out boxing and began working with a few others and the coach. I lasted a few days before I threw in the towel. They work so hard training before they even put on gloves. Thanks for the post brother.
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • SnapLocallySnapLocally Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    Hey, thanks for looking.

If you enjoy boxing photos you might want to take a look at my previous set from ShoBox: http://snaplocally.com/121809
  • phillybikeboyphillybikeboy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    Very nice. A couple of the weaker shots could go, and a couple are redundant. Sometimes less is more. You've got enough great shots to justify a tighter edit.
    clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • lilirishangellilirishangel Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    Awesome, I once in awhile will go to Golden Gloves in Wadena and Brainerd, But haven't for a while.. I wanted to go to the ShoBox, but couldn't.... Love Boxing and yes I"m a girl:D ......lol
    "MOTIVATION WILL ALMOST ALWAYS BEAT MERE TALENT." Anonymous

www.snaploonphotography.com
    edited January 7, 2010
    Thank you, thank you.
    Awesome, I once in awhile will go to Golden Gloves in Wadena and Brainerd, But haven't for a while.. I wanted to go to the ShoBox, but couldn't.... Love Boxing and yes I"m a girl:D ......lol

There's 2 coming up in the next few weeks- the 23rd at the St. Paul Armory, and Feb 5th at 1st Avenue (the club that Purple Rain was filmed at) downtown Minneapolis.
  • lilirishangellilirishangel Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Thank you, thank you.

There's 2 coming up in the next few weeks- the 23rd at the St. Paul Armory, and Feb 5th at 1st Avenue (the club that Purple Rain was filmed at) downtown Minneapolis.

Long drive for me, used to live down there but not anymore..
    "MOTIVATION WILL ALMOST ALWAYS BEAT MERE TALENT." Anonymous

www.snaploonphotography.com
  • SUMGUYSUMGUY Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Shot 10 would have been sweet if the focus was on the guy in black...I love blood splatter shots!
    I am doing alot more boxing this year and maybe UFC 110 here in Australia (next month). I cant wait to do some learning this year!
    Nice shots again mate, cant wait till your next events images.

cheers, Scott
    edited January 11, 2010
    Thanks Scott.

This event is one of those that either needed to be shot with a prime, or a camera that reaches iso 12,800- and I'm shooting with a 40D. As one might guess, the quality of my work is predicated on the ambient lighting situation. This particular venue- an armory- while it isn't the worst conditions I've shot under it isn't exactly great, either. It's about as bright as the average living room or kitchen, and with mixed lighting.
  • SUMGUYSUMGUY Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    My next event (2 weeks) looks like like it's in the same building as this, only on the other side of the world. he he he. Gotta love the multi coloured and dim lighting! it keeps you on your toes.

cheers, Scott