Wordpress/Smugmug PlugIn: SmugPress

13»

Comments

• GarethLewinGarethLewin Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2006
    I use a similar 'rotator' on my blog-site. It is a scaled down version of the one i use on my smugmug-site.
    [ SNIP ]

Cool.

You could combine your thing with my thing, and get it to rotate 3 images from your last 20 images on your website or something.
  • jevjev Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    So is there any update or some instructions on how to integrate Wordpress and Smugmug

It would be really nice to have it working
  • flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    jev wrote:
    So is there any update or some instructions on how to integrate Wordpress and Smugmug

It would be really nice to have it working

Is the RSS import not good enough (described in earlier posts in this thread)? What would you like to see?
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • jim_escalantejim_escalante Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 5, 2006
    one more interested reader with a question
    Is the RSS import not good enough (described in earlier posts in this thread)? What would you like to see?

I found the rss.php file but I am not sure how to edit it. If I open in MS word or dreamweaver it is blank. I have co-workers at work with BBedit, It that how I edit the file?
    thanks
    Jim
    edited August 5, 2006
    I found the rss.php file but I am not sure how to edit it. If I open in MS word or dreamweaver it is blank. I have co-workers at work with BBedit, It that how I edit the file?
    thanks
    Jim

You have to edit the rss.php file on the server itself.
    When you use the browser (IE6.0) and open this rss.php file, it will execute and return an empty document.

Telnet into the web-server (or access it directly, if you can) that runs your blog. Edit the rss.php file there, by adding/editing the RSS-feed URL.

If i were you, i would add some extra stuff (simple authentication) to this PHP file, to make sure that no one but you can go to this rss.php. Otherwise other people may go to this URL and cause your feeds to be uploaded into your blog.

A little knowledge of PHP may help :D

Good luck!

in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
  • jim_escalantejim_escalante Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 5, 2006
    Thanks
    You have to edit the rss.php file on the server itself.
    When you use the browser (IE6.0) and open this rss.php file, it will execute and return an empty document.

Telnet into the web-server (or access it directly, if you can) that runs your blog. Edit the rss.php file there, by adding/editing the RSS-feed URL.

If i were you, i would add some extra stuff (simple authentication) to this PHP file, to make sure that no one but you can go to this rss.php. Otherwise other people may go to this URL and cause your feeds to be uploaded into your blog.

A little knowledge of PHP may help :D

Good luck!

Thanks - I seem to forget the obvious. I will wait till I get to work on Monday as my co worker is way more savy on this matter. I am excited to try it. thanks for the quick reply.

jim
  • jevjev Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    I am not too much in computers, but i have my own blog hosted.

Ideally if possible i would like to see a simple but detailed howto on:

- configure wordpress to take smugmug feeds
    - how to secure RSS file you mention
    - how to post (and configure) display of recent galleries, specific gallery, images with specific keywords

If you can help that would be great

Thank you
  • happy-imphappy-imp Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2006
    Smugmug sidebar feed of recent images with Flickr Widget
    I tried out using the flickr widget with a smugmug feed url and it works! You can see it on my blog http://benklusman.com. However, the pictures are really big, as smugmug puts fairly large ones in the feed. Anyone know a feed paramter that we can use to get thumbs? I've seen some threads on feed parameters, but nothing specifying image size. That would be awesome to have...

Also, is any progress being made on the integration for posting? There's a nice plugin for flickr which lets you choose from your flickr pictures while on the post composition page. It's very slick. It would ROCK to have that for smugmug. Wish I knew more php magic and stuff or I'd work on it...
    edited September 22, 2006
    happy-imp wrote:
    I tried out using the flickr widget with a smugmug feed url and it works! You can see it on my blog http://benklusman.com. However, the pictures are really big, as smugmug puts fairly large ones in the feed. Anyone know a feed paramter that we can use to get thumbs? I've seen some threads on feed parameters, but nothing specifying image size. That would be awesome to have...

Also, is any progress being made on the integration for posting? There's a nice plugin for flickr which lets you choose from your flickr pictures while on the post composition page. It's very slick. It would ROCK to have that for smugmug. Wish I knew more php magic and stuff or I'd work on it...

I managed something similar with such a widget on Smugmug.
    See this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=40139&page=11
    posts 101, 105, 106, 132 and 133.

-- Anton.

in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
  • pjb923pjb923 Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    I tried using the flickr widget with a smugmug rss feed and it works great, but it only displays the most recent images from the gallery I choose.

Does anyone have any idea how to modify the flickr widget to make it display random images from a gallery?

Right now it only shows 2 images, and they will never change unless I upload new ones to the gallery. Take a look here:
    http://www.pberge.com
  • Jason DunnJason Dunn Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Just found this thread while looking for a nice Wordpress Smugmug plugin - is this a dead project? I can't seem to find anything to download... eek7.gif
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    The Photos: photos.jasondunn.com
    The Blog: www.jasondunn.com
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    Jason Dunn wrote:
    Just found this thread while looking for a nice Wordpress Smugmug plugin - is this a dead project? I can't seem to find anything to download... eek7.gif

Basically, as I understand it, you'll need to host wordpress on a seperate server (companies like dreamhost offer this for reasonable prices). Then you have to tweak it a bit to customize it like your site. There's instructions in a previous post in this thread.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• belinebeline Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    This project seems to have died... Perhaps I can help.
    This project seems to have died the lonely death. Perhaps I can help.

I had never heard of this plugin until now, and because of that, I wrote my own... Kind of a pain, but it seems to have worked out for the better.

Anyone looking for a WordPress Plugin that integrates your WordPress website with your SmugMug website, may I present to you:

SmugWP

SmugWP offers a front-end to browse your SmugMug Galleries, and insert selected images in to your Post or Page. It offers Lightbox 2 support, CSS Styling, and more.

It integrated directly into your WordPress 2.5 install, adding a tab in the Media Manager to browse your SmugMug account.

SmugWP also has a Gallery ID confirm and redirect feature that can give you DigiProofs-like functionality on your own website (see it in action HERE, use Gallery IDs 4694066_22Baf and 4193076_21Faf [the second ID should fail]).

Not to mention this plugin is under active development, and is likely to gain a good number of features in short-order.

Check it out. I think it should have what you are looking for.
    Covering It at D:D
    coverthis.smugmug.com

SmugWP -
    now 30% more smug!

No Steam Shovel

Feature Requests:
    External Slide Show Support
    Black/White and Sepia Color Options
    Photo/Discount Packages/Coupons
    Electronic Payout for Pro accounts via PayPal
    Self-Fulfilment (Custom "Items")
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    beline wrote:
    This project seems to have died the lonely death. Perhaps I can help.

I had never heard of this plugin until now, and because of that, I wrote my own... Kind of a pain, but it seems to have worked out for the better.

Anyone looking for a WordPress Plugin that integrates your WordPress website with your SmugMug website, may I present to you:

SmugWP

SmugWP offers a front-end to browse your SmugMug Galleries, and insert selected images in to your Post or Page. It offers Lightbox 2 support, CSS Styling, and more.

It integrated directly into your WordPress 2.5 install, adding a tab in the Media Manager to browse your SmugMug account.

SmugWP also has a Gallery ID confirm and redirect feature that can give you DigiProofs-like functionality on your own website (see it in action HERE, use Gallery IDs 4694066_22Baf and 4193076_21Faf [the second ID should fail]).

Not to mention this plugin is under active development, and is likely to gain a good number of features in short-order.

Check it out. I think it should have what you are looking for.
    wings.gif Wow, awesome!
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • belinebeline Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Mike Lane wrote:
    wings.gif Wow, awesome!
    Are you using it? Like it? Drop me a comment on my website.
    Covering It at D:D
    coverthis.smugmug.com

SmugWP -
    now 30% more smug!

No Steam Shovel

Feature Requests:
    External Slide Show Support
    Black/White and Sepia Color Options
    Photo/Discount Packages/Coupons
    Electronic Payout for Pro accounts via PayPal
    Self-Fulfilment (Custom "Items")
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    I am trying to use this, but I am wanting to use it more for just the functionality of using the media library to find images on my smugmug galleries and add them as thumbnails in my posts with links that will open lightbox.

I am having two issues with it however.

1) The only way the link will actually add, is if I put it in a group. Supposedly if I leave that field blank it won't use groups.

2) When I use this to add even an image even Tiny sized to my post it messes up the post width. It pushes the post out to the side and overlaps my right sidebar. This is the main problem with using this.

3) One thing that make this much easier to use would be the ability to select 4 or 5 or however many pictures, and mass create the tags. There are times when I want to put 10 pics in a post, and it would be amazing to be able to select all 10, enter a group number, enter the size setting and lightbox setting, and then hit insert tag. It could then put all 10 tags one after another in the post. How about it? This would be awesome!

Thank you!