The ATV/UTV (side-by-side) Thread

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited December 22, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
I'm guessing that there are a lot of you out there that own and use ATV's and/or UTV's (side-by-side).

I think it's time that we have a main thread to show them off. Not only your ride, but also some of the great places that you are able to enjoy due to their unique ability to take you "off the beaten path".

I'd like to see your ride in most of the pics, but that's not a hard requirement.

I'll start us off with a few:
Randy

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2014
    Fantastic set Randy! #2 is may fave! What good life you life!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2014
    I think this thread is a great idea.....should spark some common interest among those who savor this lifestyle. I've got to warn folks though. You listen to Randy long enough and before you know it, you're down at your local dealer for these things. I know....he got me.

BTW...be prepared for some serious sticker shock.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Fantastic set Randy! #2 is may fave! What good life you life!

Thanks Taz,

And your exactly right!

I DO live a great life!!!

And so do you! You just might not realize it yet!
    Randy
    edited October 21, 2014
    I think this thread is a great idea.....should spark some common interest among those who savor this lifestyle. I've got to warn folks though. You listen to Randy long enough and before you know it, you're down at your local dealer for these things. I know....he got me.

BTW...be prepared for some serious sticker shock.

Tom

Hey Pard,

We'll expect to see some pics of your new rig, shortly!

And BTW, keep it under your hat about my bad influence. Not everyone knows that yet.
    Randy
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2014
    Howdy You Rascal,

That's a really neat machine, I'll bet
    y'all really got to see and do so much
    more being able to get out deeper into
    the Wild.

Beautiful Country !!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 25, 2014
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy You Rascal,

That's a really neat machine, I'll bet
    y'all really got to see and do so much
    more being able to get out deeper into
    the Wild.

Beautiful Country !!!

We would sometimes go 100 miles a day up in the mountains. I'll assure you, that's further than my boots can take me.
    Randy
    edited October 29, 2014
    Come on guys/gals. I know I'm not the only one who owns a UTV/ATV. Post those pictures up!

Here are a few more to try and get this thread going...
    Randy
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 29, 2014
    Beautiful country, Randy. Love those mineral rich mountainsides.
    rwells wrote: »
    Come on guys/gals. I know I'm not the only one who owns a UTV/ATV. Post those pictures up!

OK, I'm doing my part here. How bout' a little help.......................... Post em' up!
    I came this "||" close to buying a UTV back when moved to Arizona. But after a lot of research and soul searching, I decided that one of these would be better for my purpose. It's kind of a UTV, but maybe not what you had in mind. mwink.gif

It was stock when I bought it, but I soon replaced the entire suspension to make it more capable.

IMG_0496_7_8_tonemapped-XL.jpg
    edited October 30, 2014
    kdog wrote: »
    Beautiful country, Randy. Love those mineral rich mountainsides.

I came this "||" close to buying a UTV back when moved to Arizona. But after a lot of research and soul searching, I decided that one of these would be better for my purpose. It's kind of a UTV, but maybe not what you had in mind. mwink.gif

It was stock when I bought it, but I soon replaced the entire suspension to make it more capable.

IMG_0496_7_8_tonemapped-XL.jpg
    That's a great looking Rubi Joal!

I had an 06', wish I still did.

I tell folks that a RZR is like a cross between a Jeep and a go-cart. It can zip over rocks that I had to crawl over in my Rubi. For me, it's really not useful, just fun!
    Randy
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 30, 2014
    rwells wrote: »
    That's a great looking Rubi Joal!

I had an 06', wish I still did.

I tell folks that a RZR is like a cross between a Jeep and a go-cart. It can zip over rocks that I had to crawl over in my Rubi. For me, it's really not useful, just fun!
    Oh good, I'm glad you're not mad. :) This is a 2005. It was amazing off-road. I had friends in town will all manners of ATV/UTVs that I used to ride with. Even pulled them up a hill or two.

I think the Rzr's had just come out and I found out about them after I bought the Jeep. That is the one UTV that excited me the most.

IMG_3367-XL.jpg

That's Kingman, AZ, where I lived for five years.
    IMG_3461-XL.jpg

I did a hell of a lot of exploring out in the deserts and mountains with that rig. Sold it when I moved back to San Jose. :cry
    edited December 18, 2014
    I'm going to keep posting this back up until someone besides Joel and I start sharing their ATV/UTV images...

I know that I'm not the only one who ownes one of these machines ne_nau.gif

1) Hancock Pass, CO - This is in the vicinity of Taylor Park, CO
    i-WDqDN5S-XL.jpg

2) Same area
    i-jbPkMHs-XL.jpg

3) Top of Hancock Pass - Wify, Tater, friend & myself (on left)
    i-V9Brpfp-XL.jpg

Don't be shy, post em' up!
    Randy
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2014
    Does this count?
    Don't have an ATV/UTV but here is a shot of a friend's 4-wheeler. That's my brother riding it; he was trying to make the leaves swirl enough for me to get a shot but it proved harder than we thought. It was fun anyway. This one was taken at Shin Pond in Northern Maine, Oct 2011.

i-tcSTRRN-L.jpg
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited December 22, 2014
    redleash wrote: »
    Don't have an ATV/UTV but here is a shot of a friend's 4-wheeler. That's my brother riding it; he was trying to make the leaves swirl enough for me to get a shot but it proved harder than we thought. It was fun anyway. This one was taken at Shin Pond in Northern Maine, Oct 2011.

You bet it counts!

Looks like a pretty area. Nice to be out in the fall.
    Randy