Rocky mountain gull

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited November 7, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
I need your opinion. I almost like this shot, but don't. Any comments on possible improvements, cropping, PP are welcome.

DSC_3634-XL.jpg

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2012
    How about this?

DSC_3634-XL.jpg

I like it better, it goes deep into wtf territory...
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2012
    I agree, Cristobal, this one gets well into the WTF territory. Other than perhaps a little overall lightening in the second one, I don't see much difference in these two renderings. Regardless, the shot really catches the eye and makes the viewer think. That makes it successful, in my opinion.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited November 1, 2012
    I agree, Cristobal, this one gets well into the WTF territory. Other than perhaps a little overall lightening in the second one, I don't see much difference in these two renderings. Regardless, the shot really catches the eye and makes the viewer think. That makes it successful, in my opinion.

Tom

thanks Tom. Not sure what happened but the first one was right side up and the second one upside down, and now both are upside down...
  • TomCollinsTomCollins Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2012
    I like it and it is interesting. If I were messing around with it I might try a 16x9 crop just to give a feeling of distance and flight. Plus, that little distraction in the bottom left would be gone which would kind of clean up the whole image a little. Nice photo. Thanks for sharing it.
    Tom
    Tom C
    www.tomcollinsphotography.com
    “Art allows us to expand the dimensions of our everyday life.”
    ~Carlos Jurado
    edited November 1, 2012
    TomCollins wrote: »
    I like it and it is interesting. If I were messing around with it I might try a 16x9 crop just to give a feeling of distance and flight. Plus, that little distraction in the bottom left would be gone which would kind of clean up the whole image a little. Nice photo. Thanks for sharing it.
    Tom

Thanks for the comment Tom. Glad you liked it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2012
    A nice trick for the eyes thumb.gif
    Randy
  • digidronedigidrone Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2012
    I would put ink to it in a heart beat!
    Well done!
    edited November 7, 2012
    Thanks guys, glad you liked it.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2012
    Thanks for sharing. Maybe more ripples, but that's beyond light room, for sure.
    Growing with Dgrin

edited November 7, 2012
    leaforte wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing. Maybe more ripples, but that's beyond light room, for sure.

Thanks! The ripples are surely beyond my ability...