Options

"hide photo" won't stay √'d

InspiritorInspiritor Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited July 19, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I first noticed that the X's on my hidden photos (a custom mod) weren't there anymore. So I deleted and re-added the code, but no change. Then I noticed where a photo had the "hide photo" box √'d, if I un-√'d it, clicked on a different photo, and then returned to the first, the √ had returned!

I also did in reverse: took a photo that was not hidden, √'d it, went to another photo, returned, and the √ was gone!

I tried it on many photos -- same result. I then went to five of my galleries containing 100% originals. I cleared all my caches and re-booted, and tried it in the latest versions of both Firefox and Safari.

Hiding doesn't work in any of them!

Has anyone else noticed any problems hiding photos?

[I've reported this to SmugMug. It's been forwarded to QA. No response yet... but it's late.]

Comments

• Options
    InspiritorInspiritor Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2013
    Cause solved, but it broke something.
    As suggested by the Help Desk, I removed all my customization code, but the √'s to hide or un-hide wouldn't stick. It took a few rounds of dialogue, but they got it fixed.

After testing that everything was functioning properly, I began re-inserting my custom-code piece by piece. After the last piece, it broke again, so I carefully scrolled through that (long) chunk, and discovered that I had 2 copies of the "MarkHiddenThumbs" code in the Bottom Javascript, one copy before some stuff, the other copy after.

I deleted the 2nd, and everything went back to functioning (but a manual refresh of the 'smart' settings was needed).

Apparently, if the Bottom Javascript contains 2 copies, it breaks something that remains broken even after removing all customizations. If this is true, if not considered a bug, it is at least a vulnerability that if not fixed, will cause future problems. FYI

Thanks to all who helped.

PS: Should I post something about this on the Customizations forum? I'd like to be sure that jfriend sees this. Thanks.