Question: Performance of P&S IR modified camera

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited December 24, 2007 in Cameras
I received this question via PM, the sender wanting to remain anonymous. I know almost nothing about P&S cameras and even less about the IR performance of a modified P&S camera. I believe this question was e-mailed to me based solely the quoted photo - I don't know :scratch

Part of the answer is that the "look of the photo" is a function of the wonderful sensor in the Canon XT, the sharp optics I used (the EF-S 17-55 f/2.8), and the work done by MaxMax.com to modify the camera.

So, I post it here in the hopes that someone else can throw in with their $.02 .
i have zero knowledge what these point and shot cameras are like http://maxmax.com/Sony%20DSC-W200.htm

i would like to get one due to the prices involved with getting dslr body modded...
question is they have 12mpxs so can they produce this look you have here? or is this due to lens?
232511835-M.jpg

im betting no, but i thought i would ask you...

what do you think...?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    I'd much prefer if people would post themselves, why oh why original poster are you so shy :D We don't bite.

That camera has a small sensor but can do really nice things :)

For my money though, I'd buy a beater Canon Rebel for a couple hundred bucks and then get that converted. The larger sensor will produce much better shots.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I'd much prefer if people would post themselves, why oh why original poster are you so shy :D We don't bite.

That camera has a small sensor but can do really nice things :)

For my money though, I'd buy a beater Canon Rebel for a couple hundred bucks and then get that converted. The larger sensor will produce much better shots.
    FWIW - I agree on all three counts.