Options

The Old Mill at Midnight

Colorado CJColorado CJ Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited August 28, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
I was down in Denver racing Drones inside a concert one evening (I race drones with MultiGP as one of my other hobbies). The area where the concert was held is in an old industrial area, old warehouses, silos, and mills are everywhere.

As I walked back to my truck I looked up at the old mill as I was walking past and noticed the lights. Some of them were flickering on and off. In one window it looked like an old tv set was on as the light in one window was changing colors. With the low clouds and the area I was in, I can tell you, it was spooky, like something out of an old horror movie.

Luckily, I had a camera in my truck, an old Mamiya C3 TLR I just bought. I metered the scene with a Gossen Luna Pro F,and balanced the camera on the side of my truck, trying to hold it as still as I could, then took a 15 second exposure, it was dark.

Here's what I captured. Shot with a 65mm f3.5 lens on Fuji Neopan Acros 100 rated at 50 and developed in Pyrocat MC for 12 minutes.

29188785822_68f82dfb3d_o.jpgMamiya C3 65mm Test 1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

I LOVE film, and this is just one reason why. It would have been hard to capture the mood with my DSLR.