Saturday's Wedding

fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited August 13, 2007 in Weddings
Well, the wedding I photographed on Saturday was interesting. It wasn't so much the wedding itself, but rather me photographing it. See, I just had a baby on the 2nd, but still wanted to photograph some friends wedding. I did it as a portfolio-booster and since they let me bring along my 1 week old baby- I didn't charge them. They've actually been married for over a year (justice-of-the-peace ceremony), but wanted a church wedding. Well, here's a few of my favorite shots! I hope to get a picture of me with my baby girl in the baby sling around my waist while I'm taking the photographs! I'll post it if I can get one! :) Until them...here's a few of my favs!

183318897-S.jpg

183318947-S.jpg

#3 The guys were so much fun to photograph...
183318867-S.jpg

#4 I know everyone hates selective color, but all my brides just LOVE this shot. Plus it can spruce up a drab location pretty easily.
183318851-S.jpg

#5 Misquitoes and burrs and mulch everywhere, but they were still game! :)
183318921-S.jpg

Well, I hope they like them! :)

Elizabeth

Comments

• ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    Those are great! I bet they love them. The selective color is pretty artistic --I kind of like it and I hate that type of thing normally. Laughing.gif

Congrats on the baby! Do you have a Moby wrap? With those you can put your baby on your back pretty securely. I used a ring-style sling for that, too, but not until my little one was older. A mei tei might work, too.
  • fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    I used a ring sling for this one (it's a cute pink one! My first one was a black one and now my husband has commandeered it!). I also have a mei tei, but don't quite have it mastered yet. The wedding was interesting, but fun as well. It was a family affair- I (along with my daughter) took the pictures and my husband performed the ceremony. I've got a wedding next August that will be even more so- my husband's performing the wedding, I'm photographing it, my son will be a ring bearer and my daughter (if she can walk by then!) will be a flower girl! Oh, and my sister-in-law will be assisting with pictures and singing in the wedding. :) I'm glad you like the selective color shot. As I said, brides LOVE it. :)