Options

Need Help URL changing

Zoomer911Zoomer911 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited July 11, 2012 in Bug Reporting
Dunno what I did but I ned some help, I created an gallery (old journal style for an about page)

I made a new gallery uploaded some photos and placed it here http://www.5starphotos.net/Photography/About/ and I have it in my header as /Photography/About/ (As its the only gallery present it should auto open with all my custom headers etc)

But when the link is clicked it strips my custom URL and goes to a smug mug gallery

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/24110088_QbLDLd

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PS the only other thing I did today was I trying to add this to my CSS to remove the "gallery pages: 1" but I can't seem to get that to work either

/* Start About Gallery Remove Pages */
.journal #24110088_top,
.journal #24110088_bottom {display: none;}
/*End About Gallery Remove Pages */

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2012
    All you need to do is to go to that gallery, click Tools > Gallery Settings, and set Hide Owner to No, and save the changes. That should 1) fix the gallery URL and 2) show your customization in the gallery.

Hide Owner does three things: 1) it hides the navigational "breadcrumb" at the top of your gallery, 2) it changes the URL to use a generic www.smugmug.com URL, instead of your site nickname, and 3) it uses a generic SmugMug appearance in the gallery, ignoring any customization you've added. Hide owner is for making an anonymous gallery with no links back to your homepage.

Hope this helps!
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2012
    Josh
    Thank you for helping me out you just made my day a bit easier :-)
    Glad it was just a duhh moment on my part and I just needed a mentally slapping upside the head to get the cobwebs out

Thanks again
    Paul

Ps any ideas on removing the galleries text
    rnrjosh wrote: »
    All you need to do is to go to that gallery, click Tools > Gallery Settings, and set Hide Owner to No, and save the changes. That should 1) fix the gallery URL and 2) show your customization in the gallery.

Hide Owner does three things: 1) it hides the navigational "breadcrumb" at the top of your gallery, 2) it changes the URL to use a generic www.smugmug.com URL, instead of your site nickname, and 3) it uses a generic SmugMug appearance in the gallery, ignoring any customization you've added. Hide owner is for making an anonymous gallery with no links back to your homepage.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited July 11, 2012
    Zoomer911 wrote: »
    ...any ideas on removing the galleries text
    Are you asking about the "gallery page 1"? If yes, add this to your CSS:
    .gallery_24110088 .pageNav { display: none; }

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2012