MyCanvas photo import Bug

sissyfotosissyfoto Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited January 26, 2012 in Bug Reporting
I have encountered a serious issue with the importing of my photos from SmugMug to MyCanvas. I am going back and forth with MyCanvas and SmugMug supports. I have spent many many hours creating a wedding book for a client and the photos showed up fine while I created it. The first issue I had was when I emailed the client to preview in the MyCanvas Viewer. About a half dozen pages did not display to the client AT ALL!!! Imagine how embarrassing to me when they called about this! I sent an email to MyCanvas support and the next day the view was fine. Now they contacted me to say about 9 of my images in the wedding book are low quality with this response:
"When we pull a file from SmugMug, we are supposed to be given access to the large file size, so the pictures a crisp and clear. In some cases, we are not able to access that larger file, so the resolution of the smaller files is not as crisp. We are looking into this and trying to resolve this problem. It is difficult, though, because it is only happening sporadically, so it's hard to determine what is causing this. I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused. Please know that we are working with SmugMug to try to resolve this as soon as possible. Until then, you may want to upload your pictures directly from your computer just to be safe.”

This email was received a few days ago and I just now have time to sit down to start to RE-UPLOAD those images directly. NOW MOST OF THE PHOTOS ARE BLURRY IN THE PREVIEW!!!!! ARGGGGGGGG…… This is obviously NOT a sporadic issue and SmugMug should remove MyCanvas option from SmugMug until this can be resolved. I do NOT have time to re-upload the entire book right now!!!!! Another DGrin user has posted the same problem in creating a calendar. I am deeply frustrated right now and I really do not know what to do~ I have emailed MyCanvas and SmugMug support… again.

Help.

Comments

• MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2011
    sissyfoto wrote: »
    I have encountered a serious issue with the importing of my photos from SmugMug to MyCanvas. I am going back and forth with MyCanvas and SmugMug supports. I have spent many many hours creating a wedding book for a client and the photos showed up fine while I created it. The first issue I had was when I emailed the client to preview in the MyCanvas Viewer. About a half dozen pages did not display to the client AT ALL!!! Imagine how embarrassing to me when they called about this! I sent an email to MyCanvas support and the next day the view was fine. Now they contacted me to say about 9 of my images in the wedding book are low quality with this response:
    "When we pull a file from SmugMug, we are supposed to be given access to the large file size, so the pictures a crisp and clear. In some cases, we are not able to access that larger file, so the resolution of the smaller files is not as crisp. We are looking into this and trying to resolve this problem. It is difficult, though, because it is only happening sporadically, so it's hard to determine what is causing this. I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused. Please know that we are working with SmugMug to try to resolve this as soon as possible. Until then, you may want to upload your pictures directly from your computer just to be safe.”

This email was received a few days ago and I just now have time to sit down to start to RE-UPLOAD those images directly. NOW MOST OF THE PHOTOS ARE BLURRY IN THE PREVIEW!!!!! ARGGGGGGGG…… This is obviously NOT a sporadic issue and SmugMug should remove MyCanvas option from SmugMug until this can be resolved. I do NOT have time to re-upload the entire book right now!!!!! Another DGrin user has posted the same problem in creating a calendar. I am deeply frustrated right now and I really do not know what to do~ I have emailed MyCanvas and SmugMug support… again.

Help.

Sorry to hear about this problem. I have also contacted MyCanvas to see how we can fix this issue as soon as possible.
  • sissyfotosissyfoto Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 22, 2011
    Thanks
    MSkaffari wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about this problem. I have also contacted MyCanvas to see how we can fix this issue as soon as possible.

If this could be resolved, it would be stellar. It now looks as if I may have to spend hours to recreate the book if SmugMug and MyCanvas don’t talk to each other and get this worked out.
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2011
    Has this been fixed yet, do we know"?
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
    edited December 26, 2011
    No
    Foques wrote: »
    Has this been fixed yet, do we know"?

I am sitting here as we speak RE-doing the whole import of my photos directly from the hard drive to MyCanvas…. this is ridiculous. I will NEVER use MyCanvas again. Blurb seems to have good reviews.
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    great... my second half spent the whole day yesterday building a calendar.. if it will be interesting to see if it works.. if not, surely, they are going to lose my business as well.

Their software is trash, too. Way, way worse from what it used to be. It is a wee appalling that Smug us partnering with that service.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Luc De JaegerLuc De Jaeger Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Foques wrote: »
    great... my second half spent the whole day yesterday building a calendar.. if it will be interesting to see if it works.. if not, surely, they are going to lose my business as well.

Their software is trash, too. Way, way worse from what it used to be. It is a wee appalling that Smug us partnering with that service.

I just sent a complaint to Mycanvas about the calendar. On some images, my watermarks were printed!! I thought watermarks should not appear on the photos but this time, something clearly went wrong...

Unfortunately, SmugMug does not seem to partner with other Calendar providers... Thinking about not buying from Mycanvas again and looking for alternatives (even if this may take more of my time because of the additional uploads of the photos and trying out the software :cry). All in all, the quality and choice of calendars is not stellar at Mycanvas.

Luc
    edited December 30, 2011
    help
    MSkaffari wrote: »

This is such a huge issue that I cannot explain my frustration. MyCanvas cannot import my SmugMug photos correctly. What!!!!! I continue to try to work on this book as I have invested a zillion hours at this point. Now I am trying to upload to MyCanvas from my hard drive as they requested. Epic failure as this is the slowest process imaginable!!!! SmugMug MUST do something about this as it is a SmugMug third party vendor and we should be supported with this crap. There seems no reason SmugMug and MyCanvas can’t work out this bug. If they cannot, SmugMug should REMOVE MyCanvas as an option as the product is JUNK.
  • MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    sissyfoto wrote: »
    This is such a huge issue that I cannot explain my frustration. MyCanvas cannot import my SmugMug photos correctly. What!!!!! I continue to try to work on this book as I have invested a zillion hours at this point. Now I am trying to upload to MyCanvas from my hard drive as they requested. Epic failure as this is the slowest process imaginable!!!! SmugMug MUST do something about this as it is a SmugMug third party vendor and we should be supported with this crap. There seems no reason SmugMug and MyCanvas can’t work out this bug. If they cannot, SmugMug should REMOVE MyCanvas as an option as the product is JUNK.

We have been testing this integration and regardless of the settings I have on our testing galleries, and we use several accounts also, I can't replicate this issue. I must be missing something. Could I get a link to the gallery where your images are being uploaded from?