Need to permanently prohibit FB login to my Smugmug account

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited October 31, 2010 in SmugMug Support
Can I permanently disable FaceBook login to my Smugmug account? Here's the deal. I do not want my Facebook credentials to be able to access my Smugmug account. I don't have anything important on FB. I do have important things on Smugmug and I have no interest in my Smugmug account being vulnerable to a FB compromise.

I want to permanently disable the ability for anyone to access my Smugmug account via FB credentials. I flat out don't trust that FB is a secure company. When you added the ability for someone to log in to my account via my facebook credentials, you lowered the security of my account. I don't want that. Please allow me to block any ability to use FB login to get into my account!
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2010
    Facebook>Account>Privacy>Applications & Websites>Manage>Edit Settings and remove SmugMug's facebook app.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Facebook>Account>Privacy>Applications & Websites>Manage>Edit Settings and remove SmugMug
    So, now I can't use the Share button to FB?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2010
    jfriend wrote: »
    So, now I can't use the Share button to FB?

Sure you can. Remove the app first on facebook. That'll remove all the credentials. Then go use Facebook in the Share Button.

When you login, do not use the blue facebook login button and do not ever check the "Link my Facebook account" box.

20101031-qb6cmncfeuw9hmh4gbec5mgm4w.jpg
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Sure you can. Remove the app first on facebook. That'll remove all the credentials. Then go use Facebook in the Share Button.

When you login, do not use the blue facebook login button and do not ever check the "Link my Facebook account" box.

20101031-qb6cmncfeuw9hmh4gbec5mgm4w.jpg
    No such luck. As soon as I use the Share button to FB which requires allowing the SM app on FB again, then when I try to login to SM, it automatically checks the "Link to my Facebook Account" checkbox EVERY TIME I see the login box. Bad, very bad. So you're telling me that to prevent the stupid FB login, I have to uncheck that checkbox EVERY TIME I log in to SM. Bad, very bad. You guys just didn't think this FB login stuff through very well. Back to disable the SM permissions on FB and I guess I'll just NEVER use the Share to FB functionality. Poorly done Smugmug.
    --John
    HomepagePopular