Options

Help needed with gallery and lightbox customizations

mbridge87mbridge87 Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited July 23, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hello all,

I can't believe after all this time I'm still working on my site...:dunno...nearly there

There's a couple of customizations I need to do and was hoping someone may be able to help. I've searched the forums but can't seem to get this to work for me. Solutions on other threads don't seem to work / I can't modify them for my purposes.

I want to:

1) Move the title to underneath the photo in the lightbox
2) Remove the arrow in lightbox that expands the title part.
3) already solved this one which was for the gallery but can't change the title of the thread

I have found a few things that I thought would work but for some reason they don't. I've created a test event so you guys can have a look as these galleries are different to my public portfolio ones, they're client galleries.

http://www.maxbridge.co.uk/Client-Galleries-Folder/Smugmug-test-/i-jFk6xn3

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ShinryaShinrya Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2014
    Can't be of any help with your customisations, but just wanted to say I love the layout and look of your site. Very polished and professional looking!
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2014
    Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for saying that. As I'm sure you know it takes a long time to set this stuff up, especially if you want to add lots of extra bits, so it means a lot to hear someone say they like the look. I would never of been able to do it without the help of the people on here.

I really like the look of your site too and I love your images! They really make me want to pick up my camera and jump on a plane. So much so I actually looked up how much flights to Iceland are, ha ha.
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2014
    bump
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2014
    Hey everyone,

If this is harder than I thought then I'd settle for simply removing the arrow in the lightbox that expands the title part. There's just no use for that arrow if I'm not having keywords and captions in lightbox.

Really hope this can be done and thanks in advance for any help.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 23, 2014
    mbridge87 wrote: »
    If this is harder than I thought then I'd settle for simply removing the arrow in the lightbox that expands the title part. There's just no use for that arrow if I'm not having keywords and captions in lightbox.
    I don't see an arrow in lightbox on your site (to expand the title).

I do see the full screen triangle but no arrow.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2014
    Hey Denise,

Thanks for looking,

Strangest thing. I had to go away from my computer for a while to do some other work. When I got back this piece of code was in the CSS box on that page:

/* remove arrow in lightbox */

/* Show caption all the time */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-basic .yui3-widget-ft {
    position: static;
    }

I have no idea how this got there but am very thankful to whomever did it!