Options

Moving a Gallery\Folder

stu1102stu1102 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited July 21, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hello

Could anyone assist please, I just want to move a folder and or gallery from one position to another on the home page like so (is there an easy way to achieve this;

888-M.png

thanks for any support

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2014
    One way - not sure if best.
    Customize > Home Page > highlight the Folders content block > click on the wrench so that you can edit > Under the "Basic" tab, go to "Select From" and click on the drop down menu (arrow on right hand side) > Select "Folders|Choose" .......... now the tricky part. You must then select the folders IN THE ORDER YOU WANT THEM TO APPEAR, so you might want to make a list before you start. If you get the order wrong, just go back and start the selecting process again.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited July 21, 2014
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    One way - not sure if best.
    I'm not aware of another method to reorder entries in an "items I choose" block.

There is a feature request filed for this (last August, a long time ago!), see (and add your comments to) Improved 'Items I Choose' interface.

--- Denise
  • Options
    stu1102stu1102 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 21, 2014
    Thank you Ace and Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2014
    When re-choosing the order open the page in a 2nd tab and do the reordering in it. Do not refresh/reload the 1st tab
    so you'll have a reference of all the items. I find it easy to forget all that originally was in the box.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog