Options

Another Font Query

PairodoxPairodox Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited July 19, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
How can I change font size, using CSS, of my Nav tabs?
Be warned ... I'm not any sort of expert ... just need the code to change this.

See www.pairodox.smugmug.com

Wanting to change the size of the three navigation tabs just below the header.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 17, 2014
    Pairodox wrote: »
    Wanting to change the size of the three navigation tabs just below the header.
    Have you tried changing the size in the menu content element?

If that doesn't work for you, try this CSS:
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-nav-toplink {font-size:120%;}

Alter the size as desired.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2014
    Hey there Denise ... this is really close ... your code does indeed change the size of the font ... I'm guessing that it's presenting as emphasized or bold ... how can I shut that down.

Take a look at www.pairodox.smugmug.com and you'll see what I mean ... I want these nav tabs to look just like my body headers.

Thanks so much. Looking forward to hearing form you again.

D
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2014
    No ... now I'm not quiet sure it's the same Font. I've got Raleway for the Header and Body ... but I can't assign a font for those nav tabs ... I see how you can adjust the font (XL, L, M, S) without CSS ... and change from emphasize to muted ... but no combination seems to match the nav tabs with the body or subheader ... I'm wondering now if I can change the font of those nav tabs to Raleway somehow?
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2014
    I'm wondering now if I can change the font of those nav tabs to Raleway somehow?
    Try the customization linked in the second post of the thread changing the nav bar font.

If you want to use an additional font, see leftquark's customization Use Additional Google Fonts.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2014
    Hey Denise ... with your help I got adventurous this morning and figured out the difficulty ... it was the font WEIGHT ... it was in ultra-light 100 .... so I figured out how to change that weight to the value of 100 ... check out the site now ... looks good .... www.pairodox.smumug.com.

Thanks a million ... also .... what do you think about the look of my site? I have no unobjective frame-of-reference.

D
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2014
    check out the site now ... looks good .... www.pairodox.smumug.com.

Thanks a million ... also .... what do you think about the look of my site? I have no unobjective frame-of-reference.D

That link is not working
    Use the one from post #1: www.pairodox.smugmug.com
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2014
    .... what do you think about the look of my site? I have no unobjective frame-of-reference.
    Your home page is very busy and overwhelming. If you're going to place links to your galleries / folders on that page I'd recommend removing the photo content block.

Also, rethink your menu entries on your home page. I believe the "about this site" and "how to order" are both assuming that the viewer doesn't know how to navigate a web site. Is either really needed? I'd prefer to see maybe an about and a link to your browse page - with menu entries that are consistent on every page of your site. You also might want to rethink the font size that you are using; it seems a bit large but is also a bit light.

--- Denise