Options

Photo spacing not even...why?

ajavaajava Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited July 17, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
There are three photos, side by side, on this page:

http://mysite.winterwoodphotography.com/

I can't swear to it 100%, but I'm 99.9% certain that, before looking at it today, the spacing was even between all the photos. Now, it is not. I don't have control over the spacing, other than choosing 1 px of spacing in the set-up options.

Why did it change and how can I get it back to be evenly spaced?

Thanks.

P.S. This might be a duplicate post, as the first post on the subject seems to have vanished...

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2014
    What type of content box is it? Three single photos boxes or multphoto box?
    Check the R/L margins of each.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ajavaajava Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2014
    It's a multiple photo box. All the margins are set to 0 (top, bottom, left and right). This is a real mystery because I think it just changed on it's own...I haven't customized any design on my site for months now.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2014
    This is odd: try changing the size of the browser window. On my 24" monitor, as I widen the window (FF), the spacing between photos 2 and 3 changes. Sometimes they flicker and are properly matching (all 3 photos), sometimes the gap between photos 2 and 3 is larger, ranging from 1/16 inch to 1/4 inch or so.
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2014
    That's odd. I wonder if this is due to the maximum image size set on that gallery. Because that last photo is kind of tall and skinny, it needs to be scaled up quite a lot to fill the width of the 1x1 aspect ratio square. This might make the current maximum L size too small to fill the space properly, leaving a gap (I believe SM tries to avoid scaling up an image beyond 100% to maximise quality).

I would upload those three photos into a new unlisted gallery used just for those three photos your homepage, then set the maximum viewing size on that gallery to something larger, perhaps XL.