new to video

coltphotographycoltphotography Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited February 27, 2011 in Video
okay until now my video has been point and shoot, hubby downloads and puts on disc. just trimming, no special stuff. i have a sony hd handycam and using their software to trim.

now i am shooting my daughter's soccer games. i've trimmed them, put them on youtube and used their video editor to link them all together, used fade in/out to clean up the transitions. maybe i am doing something wrong but i am totally frustrated by the limited amount of clips i can put onto one presentation, youtube music SUCKS and i see no option to add my own. now i would never do this to a sports video but i am purely a country fan. i have NEVER heard of any of the artisits or songs that they have to choose from let alone the other genre's. :huh

i am looking for a inexpensive program(<$50.00 or so) that will allow me to string all my clips, add music or mute, different transition options, add text and graphics (circle or arrow) to point out specific players.

does it exists? any recommendations?

ty

i would love to be able to do a team video to hand out to the girls and coaches at the end of the season.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited February 27, 2011
    Mac or PC?

When you say "sony hd handycam" do you mean a "Hard Drive" based camcorder or do you mean that it records in "High Definition"?

What format does the camcorder record in?

Do you want to create standard video DVDs for distribution?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    And what Music are you considering? Your own? no-prob. Others? you need to buy rights to use!

Along with that..... Ziggy53's questions are pertinent!
    tom wise