Options

Another test upload

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited August 19, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
I am having trouble posting one particular image. When submitting the image the page goes white and I think I see an error 44 in the address line.

I have deleted and re-uploaded the image in question, it still won't post? Have posted a B&W from the same gallery without issue.

Let's see if this will post.
4526_Mission%20San%20jose_BP-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
    edited August 18, 2014
    Sam,

For several months now, we've seen an occasional problem with people getting a white screen when starting new threads. We don't yet know the cause, but it seems to have something to do with the text in the thread title. Yeah, that sounds pretty weird, but so far that's about the only clue we have. Is the image in this thread the one you were trying to post before? What was the thread title?
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2014
    Richard wrote: »
    Sam,

For several months now, we've seen an occasional problem with people getting a white screen when starting new threads. We don't yet know the cause, but it seems to have something to do with the text in the thread title. Yeah, that sounds pretty weird, but so far that's about the only clue we have. Is the image in this thread the one you were trying to post before? What was the thread title?

The offending title was "Life is Good"Don't seem to be able to post anything with this title??

Is evil taking over? Should I bath the computer in Ho;y water?

Sam
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,906 moderator
    edited August 18, 2014
    Sam wrote: »
    The offending title was "Life is Good"Don't seem to be able to post anything with this title??

Is evil taking over? Should I bath the computer in Ho;y water?

Sam

We've heard reports of that but we (that the moderators can effect) don't do any sort of censorship.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2014
    ian408 wrote: »
    We've heard reports of that but we (that the moderators can effect) don't do any sort of censorship.

Ian,

I had and have no thought that any moderators were deliberately censoring anything.

Maybe some kind of "geek" bug. :D

Sam
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,179 moderator
    edited August 19, 2014
    Sam wrote: »
    Maybe some kind of "geek" bug. :D
    Sam

Thanks, Sam. At least we now have a name for it. rolleyes1.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky