Options

Very Basic Question

Ryan8765Ryan8765 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited September 16, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I'm brand new to smugmug and had an extremely basic question. I want to customize my site with CSS and HTML. What is the syntax required for the CSS? I see that you can drag a "customize CSS" onto a block onto the page and it opens up a text editor. Say I wanted to change the font of it. Would you write:

font-size: 1.2em;

or do you have to use selectors for the code like below?

p {
}

Also. Say you wanted to modify something that you can't drag and drop the "customize css/html" onto....can you target that area of the page by using selectors in the text editor? So if I drag the customize editor onto a block, can I then change another element on the page completely outside of that block by using its selector?

If there are any video's or tutorials on making custom css/html changes that would be much appreciated. I have experience with coding CSS/HTML via text editors, but am not sure how to implement it through smugmug. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2014
    Ryan8765 wrote: »
    I'm brand new to smugmug and had an extremely basic question. I want to customize my site with CSS and HTML. What is the syntax required for the CSS? I see that you can drag a "customize CSS" onto a block onto the page and it opens up a text editor. Say I wanted to change the font of it. Would you write:

or do you have to use selectors for the code like below?

p {
    }

Also. Say you wanted to modify something that you can't drag and drop the "customize css/html" onto....can you target that area of the page by using selectors in the text editor? So if I drag the customize editor onto a block, can I then change another element on the page completely outside of that block by using its selector?

If there are any video's or tutorials on making custom css/html changes that would be much appreciated. I have experience with coding CSS/HTML via text editors, but am not sure how to implement it through smugmug. Thanks.

That would be correct.

Using a web-developer tool like 'Firebug' allows you to find, and change anything.

FWIW, I put all of my custom CSS in my custom theme's CSS.