Options

New website > looking for help on slideshow

fuguefugue Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited September 16, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I have added a slide show on my homepage. I am a little frustrated by not being able to resize the sideshow. I tried using the background slide show, but it is too big and cuts off the tops or bottoms of my slides. I now am using the slide show in content, but I find it too small and I don't know what CSS code to use to make it larger. Any suggestions?
Bill Hough
Bonita Photos
Capturing the beauty around us

http://www.bonitaphotos.com

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2014
    Currently, your site is set to be a fixed width of 960 pixels. If you want a wider homepage, you can try setting your site to be "stretchy" instead, which will make your site fill the width of your browser window. That would allow for a larger/wider slideshow on your homepage. To do that, click Customize > Customize site. Click the Entire Site heading in the customization sidebar. In the Layout tab, set the layout option to "Stretchy". Then, click the Homepage heading in the customization sidebar and set this layout setting to be Stretchy as well.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    rnrjosh wrote: »
    Currently, your site is set to be a fixed width of 960 pixels. If you want a wider homepage, you can try setting your site to be "stretchy" instead, which will make your site fill the width of your browser window. That would allow for a larger/wider slideshow on your homepage. To do that, click Customize > Customize site. Click the Entire Site heading in the customization sidebar. In the Layout tab, set the layout option to "Stretchy". Then, click the Homepage heading in the customization sidebar and set this layout setting to be Stretchy as well.

Thanks, Josh. Appreciate the help, although I'm not certain it makes a big difference. Anyway, I'll leave it on stretchy. Is there any way to go beyond the 960 pixels in the content slideshow?

How about forcing background slideshow to make the slides smaller. I saw where there is CSS code to anchor the bottom (think it was Sherlock) or the top of the slide, but I would like to simply reduce the entire size of the slide.
    Bill Hough
    Bonita Photos

• Options
    fugue wrote: »
    Thanks, Josh. Appreciate the help, although I'm not certain it makes a big difference. Anyway, I'll leave it on stretchy. Is there any way to go beyond the 960 pixels in the content slideshow?

How about forcing background slideshow to make the slides smaller. I saw where there is CSS code to anchor the bottom (think it was Sherlock) or the top of the slide, but I would like to simply reduce the entire size of the slide.

Josh,

I just looked at the site on other browsers and it looks pretty good. Your suggestion does make a difference.clap.gif

Many thanks.
    Bill Hough
    Bonita Photos