Can CSS Be Used to Modify Block Titles?

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited September 15, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Blocks have a Title Field where you can name them. The appear on the page just fine, but I don't like the size, or the font, and I can't seem to add a second tag line.

When I place an HTML clock above it, I can enter text, and change it. I looks fine on a desktop, and it takes a really small screen size to "break it."

i-C3dNL8z-L.jpg

Where it says, "Experience" is a HTML block using this code.
<p><span style="font-family: Lancelot; color: #898752; font-size: xx-large;">Experience</span></p>

<p class="tab">It's all about doing.</p>

<style type="text/css">
<!--
.tab { margin-left: 30px; }
-->
</style>

Under that is just a Pages Block that opens to other pages

The "Tough Mudder" section is the feed from my blog, which I use to keep updated content on the page.

All three of them have CSS changing the background color, trying to make it appear as a complete section.

On mobile devices this layout breaks down completely.

i-TxwnZbk-L.jpg

The HTML title for the photos section on the left starts at the top, with the titles that had been to the right of it coming next. The Pages Block breaks away and comes in third, with the photo galleries next, and the Blog Feed coming in last.

I need to find out if I can do one of two things, first is there an easy way to modify the block titles with CSS so I can ditch the HTML blocks I used? Changing their color, and adding a smaller font, different colored tagline is what I need to sort out.

Perhaps someone has found a way to use an HTML block to embed a Pages/Gallery/Folder cover, and a feed from Blogger, or some other source?

That would be ideal, as all three, the title, the pages icon, and blogger feed would always be on the same block.

Thanks for any input from anyone. I'm just sort of brainstorming...

Comments

• Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2014
    I just resolved this issue. I placed a sidebar on the right and placed the three blocks in it. Now they all hang together as screen sizes change. The oddest thing I found, as I've never used a sidebar before, is how the customizer works when sidebars are on a page. Once I had it in place, and began to embed content blocks in it, my content I wanted to the left it sunk below it on the page. It wasn't until I published the page that my left side content rose back to the up. I found that very confusing at first.