Options

Saving custom gallery theme

zbreezezbreeze Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited October 6, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Is there a way to save gallery customization and apply it to other galleries?

I have a set of galleries that should all have a common theme (i.e colors) and a common menu (and a few other common features). I have about a hundred of these galleries. I would like to apply the common theme to all of them. Right now, I haven't found any method other than applying each of the customizations to each individual gallery (an unworkable solution).

I would like to be able to save the customization of a single gallery and then apply it to other galleries (similar to what i could do in the Old Smugmug).

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2015
    You can save the theme with your changes to a new name and use it anywhere else you want. But themes do
    not include added/deleted elements on the page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2015
    Is there anywhere I can tell which elements can be saved/applied with a theme? Theme is one of the content & design customization tools (along with content, background and layout), but only colors are set there. Are other characteristics like Layout and Content saved with a theme?

I'm guessing your answer means that content is not saved with a theme (but I'm not sure, because when I apply a theme at my site, it seems like it changes the font size of the gallery headings, as well as their color). And, how about layout?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2015
    Look thru all the themes tabs. I see nothing about elements, only how to pretty them up.
    In "Edit CSS' you could hide/show specific elements with CSS but they have to exist.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2015
    Thanks -- I can't do what I want, but I did find the CSS tab in themes, and that does help.

Would it be possible to put text in the all galleries and then use the custom CSS in the theme to hide it? I'm not sure how I'd refer to the added text, though.

Like this, for hiding the Buy button:

.sm-gallery-buymenu {
    display: none;
    }

But is there a name for the added text box or the breadcrumbs that I could find somehwere (lik e.sm-gallery-buymenu)?
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2015
    zbreeze wrote: »
    Thanks -- I can't do what I want, but I did find the CSS tab in themes, and that does help.

Would it be possible to put text in the all galleries and then use the custom CSS in the theme to hide it? I'm not sure how I'd refer to the added text, though.

Like this, for hiding the Buy button:

.sm-gallery-buymenu {
    display: none;
    }

But is there a name for the added text box or the breadcrumbs that I could find somehwere (lik e.sm-gallery-buymenu)?

You can disable the buy button by turning off your shopping cart Gallery Settings > Shopping > Shopping Cart (off).