Options

Your thoughts needed

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited April 2, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Yesterday was a very dull day with clouds and rain.

While walking around scouting a location for a future landscape image I noticed these two
images hiding in plain sight. I tend to like these type of images but am wondering how others perceive them, so your thoughts are requested. Thanks!!

Sam

Full%20Rez-8270-L.jpg

Full%20Rez-8299-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited April 1, 2014
    Number one doesn't do anything for me at all, Sam. Number two is lovely! A great study of that lichen, or whatever it is that grows on branches like that, and a gorgeous pastel background.
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2014
    Interesting - just goes to show (yet again) exactly how subjective this game of catching coloured pixels is :)

1 is similar to 'texture' shots I used to take in the days of film ... in latter stages for using on 3D comp. models. As someone who used to work with wood, it also has a bit of appeal from that aspect too.
    The 2 bits of bg need removing tho - imo... if the intent is to 'fill the frame'

2 Does nowt for me .. even if the bg was de-cluttered and the light vertical 'strip' (down rhs) removed / cropped.

pp
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2014
    Thank you both for taking the time to give me your thoughts!!

So far I am at 50/50. :D

Interesting that Kdog prefers the first and puzzledpaul prefers the second.

Kdog

The branch and lichen looks much better in a larger version. Full screen i think it really shines. Small size not so much.

puzzledpaul

Thanks for your detailed critique. I didn't even notice the nits you pointed out.

Sam
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2014
    Sam wrote: »

Interesting that Kdog prefers the first and puzzledpaul prefers the second...

Methinks you're checking to see if we're still awake, Sam :)

pp