* Challenge 24 - Pastel sky over the island landscape

johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited October 28, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Another one that I feel is short of the winning mark, but nice nonetheless. Opinions?

landscape.jpg
Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    I like the mtns, the colors. On the whole photo, I feel like there is too much sky, and I am not helped by the foreground.

I would have liked, lol, a horizontal with just mtns and sky, do you have one of those?

Also, I was trying to catch a playful dolphin with my camera that other night, I didn't. In your shot is that a dolphin? Or a bird? (Just curious, my dolphins look like that)

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    Indeed, a very pleasant picture. I love the sky coloursthumb.gif . I'm not sure if there just wasn't enough interesting stuff for a landscape shot, but with such a beautiful sky, my brain seems to want a landscape shot.

Other than that, I like the shot.

Brad

Another one that I feel is short of the winning mark, but nice nonetheless. Opinions?

landscape.jpg
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004

This is a beautiful sky. I love the way the mountains are layered in different shades. It's a beautiful landscape. But, I think the foreground is a little too cluttered. If it were just one boat or the building and one boat.....
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    I like it alot the way it is. Athough a pure mountain and sky shot would have been incredible. This is good the way it is in my mind though for this shot.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Ben:::DBen:::D Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    Nice shot. I think you may be able to ever-so-slightly lighten the shadows in the lower part of the shot. And possibly trim a bit off the top. The color is so wonderful in the sky, the blue above it almost seems to distract. Good going though!
  • johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    Here're the rest of the shots from the same evening. Which one do you all like the best?

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
  • judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    Here're the rest of the shots from the same evening. Which one do you all like the best?

IMG_2600.jpg
    They are all great shots! I like this one the best but it seems a little hazy.
  • johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    It was a bit hazy, especially shooting directly into the sun... oh well, like I said, I don't think any of them are IT, but thought you'd all like a gander.

Thanks for the comments.