A well used man door

eyeguyeyeguy Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited November 27, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
A well used man door
man door at the Hanna Roundhouse. Hanna Alberta Captured with a Pentax 6x7 Medium format Camara.

Hanna%20Roundhouse-Calgary-photographer-B%26W1http---www.datsphotography.ca-3-X2.jpg

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,880 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2015
    Very nice!
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2015
    Well done.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• eyeguyeyeguy Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2015
    Thanks
    Well done.

Thanks you: Thelensspot & Juano:D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2015
    Good shot. I, too, have an affinity for shooting old doors. This old door is about as grungy as I've seen. Looks like some of my rust elixir has been spilled on it.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2015
    The door is very nice.

Were it mine, I would correct the perspective.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Eldon SheaEldon Shea Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2015
    willard3 wrote: »
    The door is very nice.

Were it mine, I would correct the perspective.

Willard, can you explain what you mean? I think you mean making the top and bottom of the door square with the top and bottom of the frame so it looks like it was shot straight on. Is that it?

Eyeguy, I really like the photo. I'm a big fan of urban decay.

Bryan
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2015
    Eldon Shea wrote: »
    Willard, can you explain what you mean? I think you mean making the top and bottom of the door square with the top and bottom of the frame so it looks like it was shot straight on. Is that it?
    Bryan

Yes
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2015
    As far as I'm concerned, your perspective on this shot is fine. Sometimes it seems as if I've spent a lifetime shooting old buildings, doors, and windows. It's almost impossible to find those old things that are squared up. You have to find some principal feature, square it up, and let the rest of the image fall where it may. In your picture, the right side of the door frame is parallel to the right-side border of the image. Considering the subject, I think you've done an admirable job in your presentation.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • eyeguyeyeguy Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2015
    Thanks
    Thanks to all for the great comments and CC
  • CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2015
    The colors are so rich! and that side lighting is nice. Perfect timing!