Options

Observed

Eldon SheaEldon Shea Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited November 28, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Super clear nights in LA this weekend. This is not an HDR image but is a 4 image pano on the 36mpx a7R so there is a ton of info saved. Any thoughts about what to do with the super bright light in the center foreground? I toned it down as much as possible without making it look too noticeable, but it is still distracting. I don't think a tighter crop will work. Comments and suggestions welcomed. Thanks.
Bryan

i-7F8W7P6-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2015
    Wow, what a shot! Striking! Surreal!
    While its not HDR, if you didn't say that, I would have guessed HDR, because it has that sort of color profile and feeling.
    That is NOT bad in itself......
    If you are talking about foreground light-star, its not a problem for me......the leading line behind it works well....in fact may be too dimmed....once eye goes there....then to the building and then to row behind it....
    If something bugs me it is like the horizon is about to fold over on the right.....what is going on there? It is curving up.....not a big deal though....
    Cheers!
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2015
    Thank you Stumblebum. I appreciate the feedback. Yes, there is a significant elevation rise at the right horizon. When I get home tonight I will try to brighten the city lights in that area to make it more apparent. I agree it will be less distracting if it is clearer what's going on there.

Bryan
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2015
    A great shot Bryan. Nice work here. I agree with Taz on all the points he made. As to the lights in the right distant background, for me I would simply darken them out and be done with it. The horizon looks nice and uniform after that...just me though.

Take care,

Wayne
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2015
    A great shot Bryan. Nice work here. I agree with Taz on all the points he made. As to the lights in the right distant background, for me I would simply darken them out and be done with it. The horizon looks nice and uniform after that...just me though.

Take care,

Wayne

Agree here.........curve is not going to add much and just distract so no point in bringing it out more....if possible....lose it! Cheers both!
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2015
    Thanks Wayne and Taz. I'll work on it. My friends who live down there in Palos Verdes will object to their neighborhood being obliterated. :)
    Bryan
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2015
    Very nice shot! I don't find the light in the foreground distracting, I would leave it as is.
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2015
    Magnificent!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk