Firefighter, police, baby photo shoot ideas

nicki2414nicki2414 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
edited February 20, 2009 in People
ok so I just was hired to do a photo shoot (baby's first) of a 2 month old. The mother is a firefighter and the father a policeman. They really are proud of what they do and would like to theme the shoot around their professions, yet focus on the baby. I have full access to the fire/police station and all equipment. I'm pretty excited about this and have some ideas but looking for some more. I have about 2 hours to shoot and would like to do a mix of studio shots and some using the fire/police station.
Thanks in advance!!!
Nicki

Comments

• WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    I recently did photos for a policeman and this is one of the poses I came up with. The difference for you being the age of the baby. 2 months is harder to accomplish because the baby's are much more alert and not as easily folded up and they move around much more making posing in unlikely places a little more challenging. But...with proper supervision it would be fun to put the baby on top of the fire truck or tucked in somwhere by the hoses or on one of the shelves. Bringing a rectangular cushion and a flag is helpful for this. Any items of clothing, badges, medals etc work well. An american flag in there usually signifies something good with someone who is proud of their all american profession. Being able to go on location to their place of business should spark lots of ideas! Good luck and post when you are done!

456052516_aAp4q-L-1.jpg

459288379_FchRt-L.jpg
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • nicki2414nicki2414 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    didn't think about using the flag! great idea. I also think the fire department has some of their own. I will look into to that also. I plan on using the helmets and I thought something with the work boots would be cool. The thing that im worried about the most is getting all three of them in a pic together with the baby in the police/firetruck theme. Oh I think I forgot to mention it is a little girl too...lol. I asked them to think about putting a pink ribbon in her hair since it is defiantly a masculine theme.

Oh by the way love the pics. They defiantly gave some inspiration. Anyone have anymore?
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    haha..those are awesome. Brought a big smile to my facethumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    haha..those are awesome. Brought a big smile to my facethumb.gif

+1

My husband's son is a Fire Captain. One of the backdrops they've had done with the kids was in his Fire Cheif hat (the kind that looks like a baseball cap backward sort of) and his big heavy fireproof coat. I could see a baby laying on top of that coat.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    nicki2414 wrote:
    didn't think about using the flag! great idea. I also think the fire department has some of their own. I will look into to that also.
    Just trying to help you avoid a pitfall - be very careful in your use of flags, especially that of the United States. Some people/clients (like me :D) may be quite particular about flag etiquette deal.gif.
  • nicki2414nicki2414 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    Thanks scott I will defiantly keep that in mind. I have enough people in my family in military service to respect the flag also. Good link too!

Maybe using in the backdrop will still give a good patriotic look without going against flag etiquette.

What do you guys think?