Options

Figurant

netstatinfonetstatinfo Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited August 2, 2015 in People
Figurant.jpg

Hey guys and gals:

Just wanted some CC, since this is my first post in this forum. What would you have done differently and so forth?

Thanks

Johnny
www.lamchopphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2015
    It is great the way it is. the subject placement is very pleasing and leads you into the skyline. It would have more impact if her face was more visible and b&w lends itself nicely to some Topaz filters.
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2015
    Hackbone wrote: »
    It is great the way it is. the subject placement is very pleasing and leads you into the skyline. It would have more impact if her face was more visible and b&w lends itself nicely to some Topaz filters.

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have a copy of Topaz, I only have the NIK collection.
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2015
    fantastic shot.
    I do wish her face was visible, and the pole wasn't sneaking a peak in front of her.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2015
    Foques wrote: »
    fantastic shot.
    I do wish her face was visible, and the pole wasn't sneaking a peak in front of her.

Thanks for your input, okay fair enough.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2015
    pretty strong image! I love teh overall compositions..but ditto on the face..wish I could see it. A few small issues..
    1) the vignette is touch strong
    2) there is some processing artifact on her extended arm..it has a strong halo
    3) Also the extended arm is very dark compared the rest of her..almost look unatural..I would selectively give it some exposure.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2015
    I agree with the other comments. I would have selected a different location without the railing behind her.
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2015
    Qarik wrote: »
    pretty strong image! I love teh overall compositions..but ditto on the face..wish I could see it. A few small issues..
    1) the vignette is touch strong
    2) there is some processing artifact on her extended arm..it has a strong halo
    3) Also the extended arm is very dark compared the rest of her..almost look unatural..I would selectively give it some exposure.

Working on the photo right now, fixing vignette, I don't see the halo on her arm! at least on mu screen!?, arm is fixed exposure is the same as the rest.
    this was a impromptu shoot, I never met this girl and I just asked if I can snap away with a mobile model form! :) she was spinning, she wasn't posed as is.

Thanks for your input
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2015
    troopers wrote: »
    I agree with the other comments. I would have selected a different location without the railing behind her.

Thanks for your input, but this was a impromptu shoot, I never met this girl and I just asked if I can snap away with a mobile model form! :) she was spinning, she wasn't posed as is.
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2015
    Foques wrote: »
    fantastic shot.

Thanks for your input, but this was a impromptu shoot, I never met this girl and I just asked if I can snap away with a mobile model form! :) she was spinning, she wasn't posed as is.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited August 2, 2015
    Right place at the right time. It's a lovely photo. Love the B&W treatment here. Sometimes the thing that makes a photo is what you can't see. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Right place at the right time. It's a lovely photo. Love the B&W treatment here. Sometimes the thing that makes a photo is what you can't see. mwink.gif

Thanks!