Options

Almost had a bad day

Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
edited October 27, 2014 in Wildlife
Today I was at Linda Pederson Park here in Hernando County, Florida and I came across a Great Egret and a Wood Stork wading near each other. I pulled over got off my motorcycle, grabbed my camera out of the bag and proceeded to walk to the edge of the water, they were on the bank on the other side. Took a few shots, then moved gradually to my left to work my way closer, took a few more shots, then stepping left a few more feet I just happened to glance down to check my footing and I see this no more than 3’ away, it wasn’t moving and I’m grateful that I saw it as it was pretty well hidden, where I was heading I would have surely stepped on it and that might not have ended well. Talk about taking a step back! As you can imagine my heart was racing pretty fast. I did have motorcycle boots on but they only come up maybe 4” above the ankle. I’m thinking about getting some hunting or snake boots that come up higher.

I had a really good morning and took many nice pictures today so all is well that ends well. However I truly got a reminded to “BE CAREFUL OUT THERE”. I hope by sharing this it will remind all of you as well.

Here is the Water Moccasin I almost ran into

p87068517-5.jpg

p341165908-5.jpg

Here are the two birds I was going after

p709496397-5.jpg

p574913180-6.jpg

Comments