Options

Mobile version not working

maplelilmaplelil Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited October 6, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I read that the mobile version setting is automatic in the new SmugMug, but it's not working for me. The Stretchy & 'Collapse for mobile' settings are enabled and my site is only responsible on a desktop (when I reduce size of window). It is not responsive on my ipad & iphone. The mobile version was previously disabled so I'm not sure if I need to do something but the Style tab in the Control Panel is no longer there. This is the site: www.elisedelaigue.com
Any ideas....?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    JohnHeroJohnHero Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2014
    In New SmugMug there is not a on off switch for mobile, as we scale down the site to fit on different sizes displays. I took a look at your site on my iPad2 and my Iphone 5s and your site is displaying correctly in both formats for mobile. I have included a couple of screenshots below for your reference. Can you please let me know what is not working as you expect, so that we can look into this further.

Ipad
    http://note.io/1BJih4N

Iphone
    http://note.io/1BJlSQk
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2014
    Thanks for looking into this.
    Yes the desktop version works fine on ipad & iphone but it's tiny and impossible to read or click on menu options (especially the secondary gallery menu).
    What I'm trying to do is get the menu to collapse when I'm viewing the site in portrait mode. I'm not sure how to attach a screenshot here but it's what you see when you minimize the screen on a desktop. Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2014
    Thank you for getting back to us. I noticed that you currently do not have your domain set-up correctly and you have it set for forwarding with masking. This can cause things on your SmugMug site to break. Can you try and set-up your domain with the proper cname and forwarding, as outlined in the link below. See Option 2.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93340-how-do-i-use-my-custom-domain-?b_id=1644
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2014
    Thanks for the tip, I updated the domain set-up.
    I'm still seeing the desktop version on my ipad & iphone though...
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2014
    You are very welcome :D I took a look and your domain changes have not taken affect yet. You can see that it is working on your SmugMug domain here http://elisedelaigue.smugmug.com
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2014
    Great! Nice catch!
    Thank you so much!

I have another question regarding renaming the secondary menu I created. It shows up when you're in one of the galleries. When the menu is collapsed on the iphone, both menus are called Menu, is there a way to rename that second menu Galleries? Do I need to start a separate thread...? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2014
    You are very welcome :D
    There is not a way to customize the title for the expanded menu on mobile. Your secondary menu in a gallery, will show as menu, but in red as you had on the site.
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2014
    Ok thanks. Good to know it's not worth looking for a solution.
    How long does it typically take for the domain set-up to update? Meaning at which point should I star to worry...? lol
    Thanks for the help :)
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2014
    It can take up to 48 hours for registrar changes to take affect. I am now seeing it working correctly on my end, so it should not be to long. Can I have you try and clear your web browsers cache and cookies, quit your web browser, relaunch and try again.
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2014
    Ah I cleared the web data on my iphone and it works :)
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2014
    You are very welcome :D

If you need anything else, please let us know!
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero