Options

Black-capped Chickadee

Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
edited November 10, 2014 in Wildlife
It has been strange the last couple of outings to photograph these small birds, and on both days they wanted nothing to do with coming out of the bushes. Seems that the hawks have been around the same area and these little guys are so weary to come into the open. Here is the only real nice shot of both days.

15429902477_7ca4504bae_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2014
    Nice! If mine I would slightly brighten the right side. Cheers!
  • Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2014
    Nice shot, I like the composition and it's nice and sharp. Sometimes I'll leave the spider webs in the shot but in this one if it were mine I would probably clone it out. I think you could probably get away with lightening the shadows on the entire image.
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Nice! If mine I would slightly brighten the right side. Cheers!

I thought about and decided to leave it the way it is. But looking at this image again I think you have a valid point and will look at this shot again. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2014
    Hunter58 wrote: »
    Nice shot, I like the composition and it's nice and sharp. Sometimes I'll leave the spider webs in the shot but in this one if it were mine I would probably clone it out. I think you could probably get away with lightening the shadows on the entire image.

Thanks Hunter. My reply to the other message I think that you are both right in opening the shadows on the right and will have another look at this shot later on and make the needed changes to it. As for the cob web, yes I se your point that it should have been removed, but a bit lazy I guess at the time to remove it from the image..
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2014
    Very nice, Dennis. One of my favorites

I can always tell when they are around because they sound like an old Plymouth trying to start!:D
  • Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2014
    Ric Grupe wrote: »
    Very nice, Dennis. One of my favorites

I can always tell when they are around because they sound like an old Plymouth trying to start!:D

Especially the slant 6.