Options

Grafitti pier

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited January 20, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
p23601542-4.jpg
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2014
    Been hanging out by the pier lately huh?
    I like this one the best of your recent pier shots Steve... rich, vivid colors and nice dynamic range/mid tones.
    Long exposure works well to increase surreality.
    Though, my eye would like to see (at least) a 4X6 aspect with the extra space on the left.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2014
    This was actually a shot I intended to enter in a "monthly Assignment" on (*cough fredmirands**cough**) another board and it had a 640 pixel max longest length criteria so it tied my hands a little on the framing. I was following the other entries and I was confident it had a shot and would do well but then the board simply would not upload the pic (despite several attempts from several sources) and I received zero response whatsoever as to why. Ah well so it goes. Thought I'd at least show it somewhere where people knew my work a little. Oh and you're completely correct. It's nicer in 6x4 but small to the eye at 640 px.
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2014
    I like it too for the reasons Eric stated. I think it was with ND filter to get long exposure during daylight. I do wonder if angle it was taken can be played with. As is, I am getting the sense like the graffiti got in the way unintentionally. Maybe backing away and moving to the left, the legs right behind on the left side it can become a leading line if they are separated and not overlaid on each other, and the graffiti leg can be the first one. Just some ideas.....cheers!