Options

Roswell Rust

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited January 19, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Ok Brother Tom, here's an amen!

This image is a leaked, Top Secret Document of one of the pieces of metal recovered at
Roswell in 1948. It's not widely known, but rust was invented on Mars (that's why Mars is red) and
brought to Earth in flying saucers and given to the Ancient Egyptians... who handed it out to everyone else.

So, who's got the cool back-story now? :ivar

RJunkies4-XL.jpg

:s85
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    And a damn fine amen it is, too. Super work like this will land you a seat at the head table.

I'm afraid to comment on the back-story. With an imagination like that, you may also have the powers to put a hex on me if you don't like what I say.:s85

Take it easy man,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,180 moderator
    edited January 18, 2014
    Officially, I can't say anything about that supposed space rust. What I can say is a pic of rust with a background of rust is pretty cool.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Officially, I can't say anything about that supposed space rust. What I can say is a pic of rust with a background of rust is pretty cool.

I'll say! thumb.gif

Excellent.

Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    If that were a piece of jewelry I would wear it. But then, would need to put tin foil on my head to interrupt any RF signals! eek7.gif Really do love the colors here!!!
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    Hey guys, I like the pic, but I missed something going on between Tom and Eric... Anyway, pretty galactic shot!
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    And a damn fine amen it is, too. Super work like this will land you a seat at the head table.

I'm afraid to comment on the back-story. With an imagination like that, you may also have the powers to put a hex on me if you don't like what I say.

Take it easy man,

Tom
    Amen Brother Tom! And, actually... I'm harmless..... no, really ...well, except for the silly sense-of-humor thing. :D
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Thanks David... and thanks for keeping a lid on... well, you know. deal.gif
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    I'll say! thumb.gif

Excellent.

Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk
    Thanks Don, for the veteran Rust Junkie props!
    Eia wrote: »
    If that were a piece of jewelry I would wear it. But then, would need to put tin foil on my head to interrupt any RF signals! eek7.gif Really do love the colors here!!!
    Sorry AnnaMaria, I'm wearing it myself this week...:D And, I'm pretty sure the NSA and the IRS have hacked tin foil hats... so, better go to Plan B
    Juano wrote: »
    Hey guys, I like the pic, but I missed something going on between Tom and Eric... Anyway, pretty galactic shot!
    Hi Cristóbal... nope, you didn't miss much - just me being silly, and Tom kindly humoring me.
    Riding tomorrow - it's gonna be 78deg. and dry as a ghost f*rt. We need rain!!! Cheers!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2014
    Boy, Eric, that rain situation out your way is getting pretty serious. I have a niece that lives up in the hills of Malibu. Between fires, earthquake activity, droughts ( and mud slides when the rain does finally come ), and various other issues, she's about ready to flee the place. I hope you stay safe through all that stuff.

Actually, your sense of humor and mine often run on the same set of tracks. I have to be careful, sometime, and rein in my audacious side.... some folks wouldn't know how to laugh if you paid them. Sad, but true.

Keep the good stuff coming,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.