SOLD: AF Micro Nikkor 55/2.8...

SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
edited April 23, 2009 in Nikon Land
Yep, this is the AF version of the MF AIS 55 micro. If I understand correctly, there were not all that many of these made... and shortly after, the 60/2.8 micro was released. MIR talks about it here: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/1stafnikkor/AF55mmmicro.htm

The glass on this copy is clean and the aperture is snappy. Focus is AF and doesn't "scream", but it works good for a lens of it's age.
498137824_qN7q4-Ti.jpg498137812_MgH83-Ti.jpg498137797_M4mD8-Ti.jpg

Now, before you ask... "hey, what are those little silver thingies at the tip of the lens?", I need to inform... The front manual focus ring is AWOL and those are the screws that used to leash it to the rest of the lens. I have no idea how it was lost or where it now is... This is how I got it.
498137774_jpFTo-Ti.jpg

So, if you're looking for an entry level micro lens to see what macro/micro is all about, here a good working/cheap starter.

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    Question...
    I am interested in the lens but have a question...

I assume you cannot manual focus this lens since the manual focus ring is missing, is this assumption correct?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    I assume you cannot manual focus this lens since the manual focus ring is missing, is this assumption correct?
    Well, you can if you catch 2 of the screws with your fingers. It is very difficult to turn it for MF since you're only holding 2 small points, but it can be done with a little effort.

hth...
    edited March 30, 2009
    Monday morning bump...
  • banjopetebanjopete Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    pm sent.... scratch that

I'm in Canada and am interested in your lens, is there any chance you'd ship it up here for your $110 price as slow and cheap as possible? My postal code is T6G0T4 it's a zero in there (tee six gee zero tee fower) I'm in the province of Alberta city of Edmonton.

Thanks
  • banjopetebanjopete Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    you're not accepting pm's in case you didn't know
    edited April 6, 2009
    banjopete wrote:
    you're not accepting pm's in case you didn't know
    Yep... I know. Problem solved.

Sent you an email. Let me know what you decide...
    edited April 8, 2009
    Bump, TTT...
    edited April 10, 2009
    Final bump... w/price drop to $100 shipped & PP'd in the lower 48. Will still ship outside the lower 48 on the buyers dime.

If this is still showing (down the road) as not sold, feel free to contact me.
    edited April 23, 2009
    S O L D !