Nudging track in Premiere

Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
edited November 27, 2011 in Video
How do I nudge an audio track in Premiere?

What I am doing is recoding video/audio with my 7D and also recording audio with a Tascam PCM X-Y audio recorder. What I want to do is replace the 7D audio with the Tascam audio because the Tascam produces a better recording.

I clap two pieces of wood together to get a sync point. Then in Premiere I add the Tascam track and move it to sync up with the clap on the video track. I can do this my moving the track with the mouse, but that isn't all that precise. Is there a way I can just nudge the audio track with the keyboard?

TIA
Dan

Comments

• Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2011
    After some experimenting I've found that I can get things to line pretty well using just the mouse curor. I move the clap in the audio track to approximately where is should be, enable audio units in the sequence and zoom in as much as possible, the move the first of appearance of the clap in the audio track to the video frame where the clapper just closes. It would still be nice to do some nudging though...
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    How do I nudge an audio track in Premiere?

What I am doing is recoding video/audio with my 7D and also recording audio with a Tascam PCM X-Y audio recorder. What I want to do is replace the 7D audio with the Tascam audio because the Tascam produces a better recording.

I clap two pieces of wood together to get a sync point. Then in Premiere I add the Tascam track and move it to sync up with the clap on the video track. I can do this my moving the track with the mouse, but that isn't all that precise. Is there a way I can just nudge the audio track with the keyboard?

TIA
    Dan
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2011
    I've never used Premier, but the standard method would be to select the clip in the timeline and use the left and right arrow keys.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited November 27, 2011
    Thanks David, but that moves the time cursor. I tried it various shift, etc combos but it won't budget the clip instead of the cursor.

Dan
    DavidTO wrote: »
    I've never used Premier, but the standard method would be to select the clip in the timeline and use the left and right arrow keys.
    edited November 27, 2011
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited November 27, 2011
    Thanks!!

Nudge is there but some of us are never satisfied:D. It nudges by one video frame, but I can't find a way to nudge it by a single audio frame. With the mouse and some patience I can move the audio track down to the audio sample level. At least, as near as I can tell, I'm able to get my audio track sync'd up with the video with my work around.

edited November 27, 2011
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    Thanks!!

Nudge is there but some of us are never satisfied:D. It nudges by one video frame, but I can't find a way to nudge it by a single audio frame. With the mouse and some patience I can move the audio track down to the audio sample level. At least, as near as I can tell, I'm able to get my audio track sync'd up with the video with my work around.

There are no "audio frames" separate from video. A frame is a frame.

What you're probably talking about is sample-level editing.
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited November 27, 2011
    I guess I am talking about sample level editing. In Premiere you can change sequence to show audio time units and then you can move the audio relative to the video by an audio sample.

Dan
    There are no "audio frames" separate from video. A frame is a frame.

What you're probably talking about is sample-level editing.