Options

Tabbed gallery blocks?

NicRacineNicRacine Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited May 13, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Hello everybody,

I would like to implement tabs to sort my galleries by years, and have each year in a tab, sort of like this:
2012       2013        2014       2015       2016
  |          |           |          |         |
bloc         |           |          |         |
2012       bloc          |          |         |
           2013        bloc         |         |
                       2014       bloc        |
                                   2015     bloc

I have seen code for tabbed text, but not for bloc content. Can this be done?

Also, I would like to keep those tabs and blocs at the bottom of the page; right now, I am using a spacer, but since those are measured in pixels, it is not a very elegant or practical solution, since it does not adapt to all screen sizes. Is there a way to relatively position a block on a page?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2016
    I want to understand ... but I don't understand ... what you want.
    Are you referring to a navbar?
    Or "tabbed pages" as in this code?
    http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Tabbed-pages
  • Options
    NicRacineNicRacine Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited May 12, 2016
    Yes, tabs like in this example, but instead of "tabbing" text pages, i need it to "tab" Gallery blocs.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2016
    NicRacine wrote: »
    Yes, tabs like in this example, but instead of "tabbing" text pages, i need it to "tab" Gallery blocs.

Thanks

By, "tabs like in this example", do you mean the external link I gave you to Sherlock's code for tabs?
    If I have that correct, then, no, you can't drag in a gallery block to each tab (because each tab is HTML- and CSS-generated). However, you could create an image that is a link to each gallery as HTML in the code. That would look and function like a standard SM gallery content block thumbnail. (If that's what you wanted - still not sure what you want!)

In fact you could create more than one gallery thumbnail clickable image for each tab - as many and at the size that you want.
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2016
    BTW, in terms of whether to use this tabbed-page code, I've got a currently unpublished gallery constructed that uses it (which is kind of why I thought of it in regards to your question). It may be obvious, but in case it isn't, keep in mind that there is only one URL to the gallery with the tabs in it. So, as far as I'm aware, one cannot create a different URL for each tab.