Navbar width

LaleneLalene Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited May 23, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Is it possible to change the navbar width? I would like to narrow the navbar on all my pages (except the Homepage) but have not been able to find a way :dunno

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Www.marpaez.smugmug.com

Comments

• newskinmedianewskinmedia Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2016
    Lalene wrote: »
    Is it possible to change the navbar width? I would like to narrow the navbar on all my pages (except the Homepage) but have not been able to find a way ne_nau.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Www.marpaez.smugmug.com

Hi!

You can do this a few different ways. One, when you are logged into the customizer, move your mouse over the menu block and click on the little triangle. This gives you access to dimensions and you can change the width of the block. The problem here though is that it doesn't center it, so you'll either have to put in some custom CSS or drag a couple empty text or HTML blocks to the left and right of it to force it to center. It's not the best way of doing it, but it'll work.

The way I would recommend doing it is go into the custom CSS and add the following:
    .sm-page-widget-nav-popover {
    	max-width:650px;
    	margin:0 auto !important;
    }

Let me know if you need help figuring out where to put that code. :)

Melissa
    Melissa Geissinger
    SmugMug Customization by One Day Labs
    Build your website in one day, not three months!
  • LaleneLalene Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2016
    Hi Melissa,

The problem is that the navbar "boxes" do not have the little triangle that allows you to change the dimensions. I added a CSS box and enter the code you mentioned but did not work :/ I also went to Theme, CSS and added the code there but did not work either :(
    edited May 23, 2016
    Hi Melissa,

The problem is that the navbar "boxes" do not have the little triangle that allows you to change the dimensions. I added a CSS box and enter the code you mentioned but did not work :/ I also went to Theme, CSS and added the code there but did not work either :(

Make sure you are trying to edit it from the right spot otherwise it doesn't show up. So for instance if it's a global element, you'll have to click on "Entire Site" in the top right in order to get to it.

Same goes for the CSS theme code. Make sure you have that theme applied to the "Entire Site".
    Melissa Geissinger
  • LaleneLalene Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2016
    Ah yes! I was doing that wrong. It is working now :):)

Thank you!
    edited May 23, 2016
    Ah yes! I was doing that wrong. It is working now :):)

Thank you!

Ok great! I love it when I fix things without needing to look at them :)
    Melissa Geissinger