Jason

GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
edited April 1, 2007 in People
Here is a portrait of Jason.

138921463-L.jpg

Retouched to remove acne.

I am pleased with it. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2007
    wave.gif Brian
    It is a good masculine pose but I think the lighting looks a little flat. I would guess one large softbox or white umbrella camera right angled about 45 degrees to the model. Maybe more contrasty less diffused lighting and a hairlight? That's my uneducated opinion.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2007
    Thx for the comments Nick.

I am not sure what you mean by flat. I shot this with a key light at a 45 and a fill light with a softbox from the front. Are you saying the fill light was too strong?
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2007
    GREAPER wrote:
    Thx for the comments Nick.

I am not sure what you mean by flat. I shot this with a key light at a 45 and a fill light with a softbox from the front. Are you saying the fill light was too strong?
    I think that is it, the fill light was too strong. By flat I mean the lighting ratio was too low, at least for a guy. But in the end it only depends on if the client was happy with the shot.
    Last year in Utah you said something to me that is really only sinking in recently. I asked you how long you had been into photography and you said you were still learning, you had only been doing it for 3 years. At the time I kind of shrugged the statement off but now I know enough to realize how little I know.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto