Categories and Galleries together

god-likegod-like Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited March 8, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Hello. I'm sure this has already been talked about, however I didnt see anything after a few pages of searching. (You get a lot of responses when searching for "categories and galleries".)

Since the past years are categories and the albums for the "current year" are galleries, I see no way on that front page to mix the two. Ideas?

At any point, here is what I'm looking for. I'd like to have the following structure from the front page:

01-02-09 Gallery (with pics)
02-04-09 Gallery (with pics)
etc...

2008 (category)
|
01-02-08 Gallery (with pics)
02-05-08 Gallery (with pics)
etc
2007 (category)
|
01-02-07 Gallery (with pics)
02-05-07 Gallery (with pics)
etc

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    god-like wrote:
    Hello. I'm sure this has already been talked about, however I didnt see anything after a few pages of searching. (You get a lot of responses when searching for "categories and galleries".)

Since the past years are categories and the albums for the "current year" are galleries, I see no way on that front page to mix the two. Ideas?

At any point, here is what I'm looking for. I'd like to have the following structure from the front page:

01-02-09 Gallery (with pics)
    02-04-09 Gallery (with pics)
    etc...

2008 (category)
    |
    01-02-08 Gallery (with pics)
    02-05-08 Gallery (with pics)
    etc
    2007 (category)
    |
    01-02-07 Gallery (with pics)
    02-05-07 Gallery (with pics)
    etc

Smugmug does not support that structure directly. The homepage can only have a flat gallery listing or a category listing. You can display by category and then use the featured galleries option to show some galleries. Or, you could display by gallery and then use a navbar drop down for a link to the category for each year.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question