New site :)

snedzsnapssnedzsnaps Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited April 24, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
I hope this is the right area, i am new to smugmug and have just started a new website. Please check it out and leave feedback :)

www.snedzsnaps.com

Comments

• TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2016
    Here is the forum to post the new website for critique in:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237680
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator
    edited April 24, 2016
    snedzsnaps wrote: »
    You have a good start.

I like the logo on your home page; is there a reason you chose not to use a smaller version of your logo on other pages?

Switching from your homepage showing a logo above menu entries to all other pages showing a centered text logo with menu items crammed on the left is jarring. I would prefer to see the centered logo with menu items underneath on all pages. I would recommend a smaller version of your homepage logo for all other pages.

It seems odd to me that for a photo site you are showing no galleries. Both the Albums menu entry and the blog menu entry take me to the entry point for blog entries.

I find menu items in light gray against a black background to be difficult to see. Yes, I know, when I hover the color changes to white which is nicely viewable - but I should be able to easily read the entries when they are not highlighted.

I find a search page to be pretty useless when I have no idea what type of photos live on the site. Have you considered adding a keyword content block to your search page in addition to the search box?

--- Denise