Simple Look and Feel to match Squarespace Site?

AndrewVernonAndrewVernon Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited April 28, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Hey Guys,

Do you think it would be even remotely possible to match a SmugMug site to my current squarespace site AndrewVernonPhotography.com? Same header, menu bar, footer etc...

Thanks!

Comments

• Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2016
    I would think so yes. I suspect you would have to put the "AndrewVernon" writing in as a picture, as designing every single letter in a different font (unless this is a webfont of its own that I haven't seen before) might become close to impossible (not to mention would slow the initial loading process of your page down).
    The footer shouldn't be an issue either.
    What might prove difficult is the degree of integration that you managed to realize with your blog - but only difficult, not impossible with some patience :D

Good luck

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • ChrisRLChrisRL Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 23, 2016
    Andrew, hello!
    Chris from Sherman Oaks here.
    Just curious why you'd want to get a smugmug site to emulate a squarespace one, when you already have the squarespace one set up and working to your liking.

I recently emigrated from wix and tried most of the pro photog sites' trials before deciding on smugmug, so I played with each to test templates & customizations that look and work pretty much the same across all of them.

Then, linking upwards from Lightroom, I compared upload speeds from my latest shoot, client thumbnails, etc., as well as video uploads and crosslinks to see which loaded more, faster, and displayed better over the trial periods.

Was curious to see what people's thoughts were in this regard.

Best
    Chris
  • VivPixVivPix Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2016
    Hi Andrew,

Our specialty team of customizers can do amazing things! Please send an email to help@smugmug.com and they will be happy to help you get as close to the look you want for you SmugMug site. Please be sure to contact us from the email associated with your SmugMug account. :D
    Thanks,

Vivian
    SmugMug Hero
  • ChrisRLChrisRL Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2016
    Andrew, hello again!
    +1 to what Vivian said. The Smugmug support team really is excellent.

Frankly, I was doing a one-to-one comparison between smugmug and squarespace since my creative consultant suggested squarespace templates. With a little help from the Heros, I was able to get more than six iterations of my present site going (each iteration being: I ran into a programming wall, emailed help, they emailed back with a response, I programmed some more until I hit the next wall) while still waiting on squarespace's response for my first query. I was on the 14 day free trials in both instances, neither company knew who I was or what I was up to.

So now my consultant is happy since my site is very close, if not identical to the look and feel of her preferred squarespace template, I'm happy because I was able to get 99% of my questions answered in minutes each time, and I was able to dodge a bullet that would have been the other company - I'd still be waiting to put my new site up.

Can't tell it any plainer than that.

Best
    Chris
  • photoclickphotoclick Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2016
    You won't be able to mimic the same slideshow as you have on your home page. Everything else seems to be replicateable... to some degree.
  • Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins

@AndrewVernon said:
    Hey Guys,

Do you think it would be even remotely possible to match a SmugMug site to my current squarespace site AndrewVernonPhotography.com? Same header, menu bar, footer etc...

Thanks!

I see that you've been able to successfully blend your Squarespace and SmugMug website. It's beautifully done! I'd love to know how you did it, or who you hired.
    Squarespace: http://www.soulgazephotography.com
    SmugMug: http://www.soulgazephoto.com
    It's been driving me quite nuts. I want the header, footer and fonts to match. I'm thinking the header will be impossible once viewed on mobile. :neutral:

Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.