Morning Commute

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited October 17, 2015 in Landscapes
For those daydreaming in traffic...

DSC_1710A-8-2-X3.jpg

DSC_1705A2-8-2-X3.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    Both are Killer shots Wayne! What an amazing light! Like the sky and lake are on fire! Congrats my friend!clap.gifbowdown.gifthumbiloveyou.gif

I think horizon is right on second based on tree line in left corner.....but maybe little bit of fudging helps....counter clockwise rotation as tilt is too pronounce....just a thought.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 7, 2015
    Find that guy. He would LOVE a copy of that, I'm certain! clap.gif
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,416 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    Beautiful images, Wayne! Love the colors and the reflections!
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Both are Killer shots Wayne! What an amazing light! Like the sky and lake are on fire! Congrats my friend!clap.gifbowdown.gifthumbiloveyou.gif

I think horizon is right on second based on tree line in left corner.....but maybe little bit of fudging helps....counter clockwise rotation as tilt is too pronounce....just a thought.
    kdog wrote: »
    Find that guy. He would LOVE a copy of that, I'm certain! clap.gif
    moose135 wrote: »
    Beautiful images, Wayne! Love the colors and the reflections!

Taz, Joel, John...thanks guys for the great feedback. Taz, you are right on on the alignment...I had fiddled with this shot incessantly trying to determine what actually constituted the horizon and finally settled on the line in the distance at the bottom of the trees. As usual your powers of observation serve you well. Have to say that these colors are essentially SOC! Thanks again to you all!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    thumb.gifthumb
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    That is some sky. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam
    edited October 7, 2015
    Sam wrote: »
    That is some sky. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam

Sam, thank you. Much appreciated. This was a gorgeous morning sky. Don't know if the weather of Hurricane Joaquin which passed off to our east this weekend had anything to do with it but this was only our second day of any hint of blue sky in the last nine days.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2015
    WHOA!! Powerful stuff, Wayne. I love them both but that second one is breathtaking.

I think you've chosen the right horizon on #2....as Taz suggests. But I think if you tilt up the right side a bit to counter some visual perception, all the tree trunks at the right will then be out of kilter whereas now they are accurately angled. Tough call but you called it right.

Terrific shots. Well done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited October 7, 2015
    WHOA!! Powerful stuff, Wayne. I love them both but that second one is breathtaking.

I think you've chosen the right horizon on #2....as Taz suggests. But I think if you tilt up the right side a bit to counter some visual perception, all the tree trunks at the right will then be out of kilter whereas now they are accurately angled. Tough call but you called it right.

Terrific shots. Well done.

Tom

Tom, I arrived at this spot on a bicycle (had my camera in a backpack) just after there was enough light to see where I was going. I sat on a cement bridge railing and watched this unfold over about thirty minutes. It was nature at her best. Thanks for the very kind comments. Much appreciated!

• joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2015
    Lovely shots. I wouldn't mind a commute like that.
    edited October 8, 2015
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    thumb.gifthumb
    joe-bob wrote: »
    Lovely shots. I wouldn't mind a commute like that.

Phil, joe-bob...thanks for taking the time to comment. Your kind reviews are much appreciated.
    Keeps me going!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2015
    Beautifully done. Keep going.
    edited October 9, 2015
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Beautifully done. Keep going.

Don, thank you. Will do!

• jaharris1001jaharris1001 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2015
    amazing sky and reflection !!
    "I'm growing older,, but not up"
    Jimmy Buffet
    edited October 9, 2015
    amazing sky and reflection !!

Thanks Jim! Means a lot!

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2015
    Superb images! The colors are stunning and the sky, especially in #2, is so dynamic. Catching the boater in the scene turns this from just another beautiful nature image to an amazing photograph. Well done!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited October 14, 2015
    redleash wrote: »
    Superb images! The colors are stunning and the sky, especially in #2, is so dynamic. Catching the boater in the scene turns this from just another beautiful nature image to an amazing photograph. Well done!

Lauren

Lauren, thank you for your kind comments. I'll have to say that I take advantage of this site quite often for photography and never cease to be amazed at the different "flavors" of views I get from it. In addition, the fishermen boats come out each morning like clockwork and it is very comforting to know that you can take a shot without a boat or simply wait for a boat to compliment your shot. The morning sky is not usually as fiery red as the one above. I took the second shot as he was coming towards the bridge and the first after he had passed under... taking it from the other side of the same bridge.

edited October 17, 2015
    Another from one of my favorite shooting spots...different morning...no boats!

DSC_2176-8-X2.jpg