Strumble Head Lighthouse revisited

Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited October 2, 2015 in Landscapes
Strumble%20Head%20Lighthouse%20Sunset-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2015
    IMO, this might be one of the best shots you've posted here Celtic. Just an excellent photograph in every respect! bowdown.gif A minimal halo around the "island" to the left but hardly an issue here. Bravo! clap.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited September 30, 2015
    Terrific shot. The watermark on the diagonal detracts and is unreadable anyway.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited October 1, 2015
    Absolutely beautiful image of that lighthouse and surroundings. Seems a little bit dark on my monitor - but just barely.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2015
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2015
    Fine image Carl! Light and sense of isolation is making it. Which is why my preference is same as last time you took this shot.....I certainly would lose the poles.....and consider strongly to lose the stairs or pipes or plumbing......
  • Options
    icemncmthicemncmth Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2015
    That is a perfect shot. It has a beautifuly artistic touch.
  • Options
    kscooperkscooper Registered Users Posts: 387 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2015
    Moody and beautiful!!!

Eric

good gear; not enough time
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2015
    Very nice capture. As others have said maybe a little dark, but then again that's the mood. Clean up some of the masking and it's ready to print.

Sam
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2015
    Wow! Thanks very much for everyone's positive, and constructive comments! Still intend another visit here again in the next couple of weeks, the heathers weren't in flower this time, just hope the skies playing ball next time! Pano version to follow this weekend also.

I've lost the photography bug the last few months, after some wasted early rises with disappointing results, though I'm starting to take the camera out more now. Positive feedback certainly helps! :-)

Anyone else had the photographers equivalent of writers block?

Carl
  • Options
    dragandjordjevicdragandjordjevic Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2015
    Fairly nice. I like the moderate post processing. I'd go with a watermark in the corner, less distracting. Although I didn't notice yours at first...
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited October 2, 2015
    I've lost the photography bug the last few months, after some wasted early rises with disappointing results, though I'm starting to take the camera out more now. Positive feedback certainly helps! :-)
    Anyone else had the photographers equivalent of writers block?
    Carl

nod.gif

Yes. A lot of us go through dry periods of weeks or months. It's OK. Just part of the creative process I think. When ideas well up inside, then it is time to pick up the camera again.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky