Small point and shoot with remote?

gchappelgchappel Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited April 25, 2007 in Cameras
I need a small point and shoot camera that I can activate with a wireless remote. I would like to mount one on my mountain bike and jetski- the dslr's are too large and heavy. My local shop is unaware of any small cameras that have this feature. I have an older olympus that kind of works with an IR remote, but was looking for something "better." Any ideas?
Thanks
gary
gchappel

Comments

• BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    gchappel wrote:
    I need a small point and shoot camera that I can activate with a wireless remote. I would like to mount one on my mountain bike and jetski- the dslr's are too large and heavy. My local shop is unaware of any small cameras that have this feature. I have an older olympus that kind of works with an IR remote, but was looking for something "better." Any ideas?

I don't know if a Canon Powershot Pro1 is too big for you, but it has an IR remote. The down side is this is a discontinued camera and is only available used now.

I picked up Pro1 a few months back and had it converted to infrared only. It's a very nice camera.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug